Partner Development Manager, GTM Partnerships (East) (Remote USA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for an experienced partner manager to join Stripe’s newly created Partner GTM organization. The Partner Development Manager (PDM) will build out Stripe’s Consulting/Services and Technology partnerships within the region, working closely with sales to ensure alignment on customer needs. This is a key role, which will lay the foundation for Stripe’s global partner development for years to come. As the successful candidate, you will have experience in partner management in the high tech or payments industry, working with consulting (Systems Integrators, Services firms, Development Agencies) and/or technology (software companies, ISVs, cloud companies, infrastructure companies) partnerships.
This is both a partner relationship and a revenue-generating role, reporting to the Regional Head of GTM Partnerships and working closely with the regional sales teams. You will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with executives and sales teams in partner organizations to secure new business, negotiate, and close strategic partnerships in support of accelerating Stripe business across the region with Global and Regional Systems Integrators, Consulting/Development Agencies, Software Providers/ISV’s and industry platforms (ERM, CRM and commerce software providers). These partnerships provide Stripe with the opportunity to unlock our market opportunity, supporting us in accelerating our users’ growth across all market segments from Startup to Enterprise companies. This role also includes executing Stripe’s global partner programs, partner marketing, partner enablement and partner co-selling initiatives across the region, driving partner participation and engagement.
This role requires experience in building and growing channel partner and alliances relationships, including evaluating and recruiting new partners, negotiating key commercial agreements and driving joint sales success. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally. An understanding of the economics of the payments space and the ecommerce ecosystem would be a bonus.
- Develop and execute Stripe’s partner strategy in the region, in alignment with Stripe’s regional business and global partner strategy
- Cultivate deep relationships with partners, optimize partner performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to expand revenue and deploy a joint sales approach with Stripe’s top partners and Stripe’s sales team in the region
- Work with the program, marketing and sales teams on the execution of partner programs, events, sales engagement, building playbooks and collateral to enable partners to sell into customers effectively
- Serve as an advocate for the region’s partners and identify areas for growth via partnerships
- Finalize operational and contracting details with prospective partners through collaboration with Legal and Finance teams
- Report out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of managing partnerships and/or sales for high-tech or financial services organizations
- Successful track record of developing and growing partnerships
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Highly organized, multi-tasking skills, who can take ownership and be efficient in ambiguous situations
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so in the future)
- Bachelor’s Degree
You might also have:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working in the financial services/payments industry
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
Your application has been successfully submitted.