Marketing Data Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
Our marketing team is growing and we are looking for a talented software engineer with a passion for data to join us in building a scalable, easy-to-use marketing data platform. Your mission is to develop and provide the tools and data pipelines necessary to allow marketers, analysts, and data integrators across Stripe to accomplish their goals which include increasing revenue, reducing churn, enhancing customer satisfaction, and running critical business operations. You will contribute to the vision for data infrastructure and analysis tools and work with your fellow engineers, data architects, and data analysts to establish best practices for creating systems and datasets that marketing will use. You should possess deep technical skills, be comfortable working in and contributing to our data infrastructure, and be excited about building a strong data foundation for the company. We are looking for someone who is excited about having a big impact at Stripe and is passionate about heavily impacting revenue and customer experience.
- Identify data needs for the marketing team, understand specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable a data-driven marketing approach
- Develop and maintain marketing databases, datasets, pipelines, and warehouses to enable advanced segmentation, targeting, automation, and reporting
- Own Stripe’s most critical data pipelines to enable Stripe’s growth initiatives and advanced analytics. Manage the SLAs for those data pipelines and constantly improve pipeline efficiency and data quality
- Facilitate data integration and transformation requirements for moving data between applications; ensuring interoperability of applications with database, data warehouse, and data mart environments
- Assist with the design and management of our technology stack used for data storage and processing
- Contribute to the development and education plans on data engineering capabilities, systems, standards, and processes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of working experience in a growth, software, or data engineering role
- Expert in a programming language such as Python or Scala, and their respective standard data processing libraries
- Strong experience in relational databases, SQL, data warehouses, and ETL pipelines
- Experienced in integrating data from core platforms like Marketing Automation, CRM, and Analytics into a centralized warehouse. Knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce.com and Google Analytics is a big plus
- Experienced in integrating and aggregating media and spend data from advertising partners and platforms into databases, warehouses, and marketing systems
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements, and architect shared datasets
- Delight in building great tools that are a joy to use
Your application has been successfully submitted.