Visual Development Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Creative DevelopmentJob Title:
Visual Development ArtistRequisition ID:
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled concept artist, illustrator, and leader to join our team in creating epic artwork for Blizzard Entertainment’s award-winning cinematic films, key art, unannounced projects, publishing material and more. Your goal is to bring to life Blizzard Entertainment’s unique worlds by creating artwork within the wide range of styles represented across the company.
A solid grasp of foundational art skills, color theory, human and creature anatomy, and design theory are essential. The artist must have expert command of Photoshop or an equivalent painting program. The perfect candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about creating exceptional art, takes constructive criticism well, and can hit deadlines.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create character and environment concepts, color scripts, color keys, lighting studies, mood paintings and production illustrations for our animated shorts and cinematics in the Overwatch, Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm universes and future projects and developments.
- Create highly polished key-art and promotional illustrations for our animated shorts and games to inform and generate excitement for new content and expansions.
- Create promotional artwork for marketing, advertising and events like BlizzCon and GamesCon.
- Work with artists, art directors and directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the company.
- Work with the producer to organize work and set deadlines and expectations for artists
- Work with a team of artists to achieve the necessary final image quality
- Provide feedback throughout the illustration phase to maintain artistic vision and ensure timely deliveries
- Partner with the motion story team to ensure the final deliverable maintains artistic vision
- Create or oversee the creation of a color script for each cinematic
- Experience creating digital art in a professional environment
- Strong foundational skills including anatomy, color theory, composition, etc.
- Understanding of the distinctive visual style of Hearthstone and a passion for the franchise
- Experience working with producers and directors on unique and cohesive visuals
- Able to understand and lead a team to address requests for revisions
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team player with a can-do attitude
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a passion for leading teams
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes
- Ability to create high profile illustrations for a variety of purposes including but not limited to key art, magazine covers, marketing, and promotional materials
Job Status: Full-time
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.