Associate Technical Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Associate Technical ArtistRequisition ID:
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced Associate Technical Artist to join its In-Game Cinematics department. You are a highly motivated artist with experience building tools in Python, and you have a good, but developing, understanding of Python and object-oriented programming. You have some studio experience but are looking to grow into solid, proactive technical artist that helps us bring worlds to life.
- Build and maintain pipeline tools that work closely with game technology
- Become a subject-matter expert in in-engine and editor workflows and tools
- Work with Leads and Production staff to prioritize tasks
- Document systems and feature functionality
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Solid knowledge of Maya
- Experience with Python
- Solid problem solving and time management skills
- Great communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing technical proficiency
- 1+ years professional experience in game development or film
- Experience with real-time asset implementation and optimization
- Understanding of Games development process
- Experience with commonly-used Python libs, like PyQt
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other engines
- Experience with 3D Studio Max and Max Script
- Experience with additional languages such as C#, C++, Lua
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Reel demo reel or link to samples of work and descriptive breakdown of contributions
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Your application has been successfully submitted.