Internal Communications, Corporate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Keep Stripes plugged in.
Stripe exists to expand internet commerce and allow greater access to the online economy. By making it easy for new businesses to get started and equipping owners with the tools they need to grow globally, we aim to break down barriers to entry.
We, too, are growing globally. The Communications team works to build Stripe’s brand around the world to support and further that growth. We’re looking for an experienced and thoughtful internal communicator to bring our corporate storytelling to life for Stripes, shape our internal discourse on complex policy and regulatory topics, and provide strategic counsel to our executive team. The ideal candidate is rigorous in execution, as well as people oriented, intellectually curious, and culturally competent. They must be a skilled writer with exacting standards, a knack for bringing clarity to complex issues, and an ear for compelling narrative.
- Develop and execute on proactive internal communications campaigns that foster employee understanding of Stripe’s evolving corporate narrative
- Support issues management activities, helping to minimize any impact to Stripes and to Stripe’s reputation
- Work with executives and other spokespeople within the company to develop their internal platforms
- Work cross-functionally with Policy, Legal, Finance, and other senior executives to develop internal communications around Stripe’s reputation and strategic decisions
- Develop feedback loops across Internal Comms and other partner teams to ensure that we know our audiences and how to best serve them
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and impeccable people skills. You balance rigor with empathy (and levity, where appropriate!), producing excellent results because you’re in it for the good of those around you
- 5-7 years of experience in developing effective communications strategies, preferably in a high-growth environment
- A talent for working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously and coaching people of all backgrounds and skill levels to deliver the best content possible
- An ardent desire to learn, grow, and evolve in response to perpetually changing circumstances. Adaptation is your sport, and you like to stretch yourself and encourage those around you to do the same
- A propensity for working from first principles, converting challenges into opportunities, and seeing what’s on the horizon. You understand that no change occurs in a vacuum
- A strategic mindset, coupled with the ability to sweat the details
- A willingness to work across different time zones to ensure smooth communications around the globe Strong working knowledge of digital communication channels and processes, including Slack, G Suite, and Zoom
Your application has been successfully submitted.