Senior Game Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for an experienced, creative, and versatile Senior Game Designer to help us break new ground in game-making by launching high-quality blockchain games for the mass market.
The ideal candidate can envision, create, document, and evangelize player-focused designs in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams. We are looking for someone who can lead the charge on exciting new projects, a natural leader who is not afraid to get hands-on to inspire teams towards greatness.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Build an inspiring game vision and help champion that vision to other team members.
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression.
- Solve game design problems that are worth solving; synthesize Game Mechanics, Theme, Monetization Strategies, and Social Features into an integrated product.
- Foster creative and scalable design solutions, improving the quality of the product and efficiency of the team.
- Work collaboratively with Producers, Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, and cross-functional teams to facilitate well planned and executed features.
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Build Blockchain mobile, PC & web games that the world loves to play.
- Be a constant student of evolving game dynamics, emerging player behavior and trends, and champion these insights to improve effectiveness of design efforts.
A little about you:
- 7+ years of Game Design experience in PC, Web & Mobile free-to-play games.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to organized game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support.
- An ability to embrace an environment that iterates constantly.
- Capable of wrapping your head around the challenges and opportunities inherent in blockchain technology.
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems.
- Strong exposure and confidence in identifying and analyzing KPIs then providing action items to ensure the sustainability of your game from a revenue and growth perspective.
- Experience with all aspects of game design discipline: concept, game progression, interface, monetization, and retention.
- Pride in creating a high-quality, addictive and social game feature-sets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology.
- Spreadsheet wizardry.
- Experience with Sport Games a plus.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.