Lead Product Designer (NBA Top Shot)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a Design Lead looking for a chance to make your mark on the sports industry with a brand new tech-forward product? We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer who knows how to build products from the ground up and lead a team of talented designers. Join us on NBA Top Shot - the first officially licensed digital collectibles and accompanying mobile game on the Flow blockchain.
This is a huge opportunity to shape the user experience for the future of sports entertainment. In this role, you will lead the Product Design team for NBA Top Shot. Their mission is to create seamless and fun experiences for Top Shot. You must enjoy problem-solving, getting your hands dirty, having a major impact directly on product adoption, and collaborating across many stakeholders. Every day, you will work with a world-class team to defy the limits of what audiences can expect from our products.
A little about us:
Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world. We're at an inflection point in our journey and it might be the perfect time for you to join us. Less than 6 months ago we launched NBA Top Shot on the new Flow blockchain and it's already on track to be the fastest-growing marketplace in history. We're now profitable and ready to invest in building out the ecosystem so that everyone can benefit.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Partner with the Product Owners, Engineers, Data Scientists, and other colleagues, working as a cross-functional and distributed team to actively contribute to prioritizing and defining the goals and roadmaps.
- Drive tangible improvements for users, addressing their biggest concerns, and deliver compelling experiences that will have basketball fans and collectors sharing with their inner circle.
- Set the bar of excellence to deliver a best-in-class user experience that defines a new category of collecting by collaborating with and mentoring designers.
A little about you:
- 7+ years in UX and product design with a focus on peer-to-peer marketplaces, social and or gamification for web/or mobile.
- Experience scaling products through constant learning and experimentation in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries.
- Track record of creating seamless customer journeys using design thinking and agile, iterative product development processes.
- Experience deconstructing complex design challenges and transforming them into simple intuitive solutions, both directly and through a team.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for using emerging technology and data and user insights to solve unmet user needs.
- Ability to unblock team members when they are faced with significant design and/or coordination challenges.
- Inspiring portfolio that demonstrates experience managing design processes, leading design projects, crafting design systems, working through complex user flows, and shipping products that are functional, intuitive and visually compelling.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.