Financial Crimes Analyst (Remote USA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for Financial Crimes analysts for a number of roles based in the [US/US Remote]. These roles focus on anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF), sanctions, and other financial crimes and regulatory compliance work in support of Stripe’s growing business. Candidates will be considered for placement on one of three Financial Crimes Teams: (1) AML Investigations; (2) Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Know Your Customer (KYC) Reviews; and (3) Global Sanctions.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
Depending on the Financial Crimes Team you are selected for, you will:
- Conduct a wide variety of analyses, potentially including:
- Investigations into money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crimes and reporting of this activity through Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Conduct OFAC and BIS screening (“watchlist”) and sanctioned jurisdictions screening (“keyword”) reviews, manually reviewing Stripe merchant accounts as part of Stripe’s sanctions program
- Assessments of customer risks, including KYC and Due Diligence investigations for high risk customers, inclusive of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
- Investigate and respond to requests for information from banking and financial partners
- Drive complex intelligence investigations and analytical workstreams
- Demonstrate sound judgment and an ability to navigate non-binary, high-risk decisions
- Adhere closely to process while still constantly questioning assumptions, suggesting improvements, and following up implementation of those improvements
- Effectively and clearly communicate, including with other Stripes, Stripe’s users, and Stripe’s financial partners
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience in analytical roles within financial crimes, AML, sanctions, risk, fraud, research, or a related field
- Investigative expertise and strong knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC regulations
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, including transaction data
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- ACAMS, ACAMS CGSS or ACSS Certification
- Excel or SQL abilities
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products
- Technical curiosity and an interest in evolving sanctions, AML, or regulatory compliance trends
- Foreign language fluency
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
Your application has been successfully submitted.