Employee Listening Strategy (Remote USA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 4500 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
“Users first” has always been one of Stripe’s core operating principles. Just as we rely on external users to guide our products and strategy, we rely on input from internal users (Stripes) to thoughtfully build our organization. At the company level, we listen to Stripes (what we call our employees) to understand what’s happening, to inform strategic choices, to guide resources, and to adjust the experiences we provide. We also share listening data with teams and managers to continuously improve our ways of working and likelihood of success.
In this role, you’ll plan and execute Stripe’s listening strategy and be responsible for understanding and speaking to the user experience across the employee lifecycle. You’ll design a cohesive sensing system connecting holistic listening data across the Stripe lifecycle (e.g. candidate experience surveys, onboarding surveys, engagement surveys, org health check-ins, 360 feedback, Stripe focus groups, exit surveys). You’ll define and enable action associated with listening data (e.g., defined action plans, links with recommended learning resources, personalized nudges). You’ll closely partner with teams around the company to share insights and prompt change (e.g., Communications Experts, HRBPs, Recruiters, Org Leaders). You’ll be uniquely positioned to inform, define, and refine the experiences we create for current, future, and past Stripes.
- Design and run all of Stripe’s company-wide listening programs (e.g., recurring engagement surveys, interviews, and focus groups with our internal users)
- Sync our listening strategy with business needs as both evolve with Stripe’s growth
- Apply expertise in measurement, research methods, and analytics to manage how we listen, effectively interpret results, and translate insights into actions
- Serve as Stripe’s listening subject matter expert, leveraging listening data to anticipate and answer emerging questions, and drive strategic decisions
- Design the end user experience by leveraging input from internal stakeholders to ensure our listening approaches are enjoyable to interact with and feel high-ROI and low-lift
- Continuously scrutinize and improve our listening data architecture, measurement strategies, privacy protection, and reporting practices
We’re looking for someone who has/can:
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in a field emphasizing the science of human behavior at work (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Dynamics, Business Analytics, Human Resource - Management, Organizational Behavior)
- 3+ years of experience in a survey/employee listening role implementing innovative, large-scale listening programs at a large multinational company or as an external consultant
- Experience managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting listening data using tools (e.g., advanced excel, SQL, R, Python)
- Experience designing and running focus groups and other qualitative methods of listening data collection
- Communicate technical concepts and statistical analyses, along with implications, to various audiences
- Build trust and strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Manage competing priorities and timelines to deliver high-quality solutions, as-promised and on-time
- Be flexible and comfortable operating in ambiguous, evolving circumstances
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- Stay up to date on best practices, scientific findings, and case studies in the world of employee listening
Your application has been successfully submitted.