Workflows Program Manager, Operations Platform (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Workflows Program Manager on the Operations Platform team, you will be building the infrastructure to help our Operations (i.e. Customer Experience) organization scale. We’re responsible for the Stripe experience of our customers and our 1k+ customer support specialists. Our Workflows team owns remediation of existing support workflows and rollout of optimized new workflows. Our goal is to make sure a support agent always knows what they should do for any case they are working on - and that their actions are optimized to achieve the best user experience and lowest cost-to-serve, given whatever constraints might be in place. We care deeply about creating clarity for our agents that enables them to provide a great support experience to our customers.
- Identify workflows that do not optimize for user experience and/or cost-to-serve by analyzing different charter and driver metrics (e.g. CSAT, SLA, Single Agent Resolution rate, etc.)
- Research potential alternatives to existing workflows given current structures and any limitations (technical, organizational, etc.)
- Identify potential negative consequences to making different types of changes and how those can be mitigated
- Propose what monitoring needs to be in place to catch unforeseen negative consequences post-rollout so they can be remediated quickly
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to review alternatives and align on best improved workflow
- Implement your workflow proposal
- Monitor metrics of new workflow post-launch to confirm success or flag a concern/any unexpected negative impacts
- Where applicable, surface and propose larger changes (e.g. technology) needed for an even more optimal solution in the future
- Document and apply learnings from each workflow optimization to future work
- Based on your learnings, publish documentation and guidance so others can research and propose optimized workflow improvement solutions
- Review the proposals of others to validate that they achieve desired outcomes with minimal downsides
People who should apply:
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- Have a track record of successfully implementing and rolling out business process optimizations
- Have hands-on experience identifying gaps in existing processes using data analysis and metrics tracking
- Can manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities at once and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Enjoy digging in to understand how new-to-you technical products work, and understanding customer and agent pain points
- Ability to understand Stripe’s API in the context of what our specialists need to answer users questions
- Have strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills (e.g. ability to navigate large data sets)
- Enjoy solving complex and hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Like working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment and has the horsepower to balance multiple priorities
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating complex topics in an easy-to-consume way
- Experience with SQL or willingness to learn
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- A familiarity with APIs
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in other customer-facing roles (e.g. customer support, sales, etc) that require time-sensitive responses
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.