Regulatory Ops, Complaints Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. The Operations team aims to delight our users with friendly and personalized support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products and processes. At Stripe, Regulatory Ops not only resolves our users’ issues but also serves as a voice of the customer for our engineering teams to make our products world-class.
This successful candidate will work closely with our Operations, Product, Legal, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs teams, in addition to multiple stakeholders across Stripe to build the operational infrastructure enabling successful Stripe support for newly launched products. You will work with teams to examine local user support laws and regulations and reflect applicable requirements in Stripe’s user support processes. You may also support teams interacting with local regulators regarding Stripe’s user-facing support. The successful candidate flourishes in a fast-paced, ambiguous and collaborative environment and is excited to solve complex problems. If you’re interested in joining a team of subject matter experts building on the infrastructure powering Stripe’s core Global Complaint Management Program, and helping users feel secure and supported while they navigate their complaints – let us know!
What you’ll do:
- Support Stripe teams in dealing with general customer complaints and escalation flows in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Prepare and monitor key user support indicators and reports, including reports required by law and regulations
- Optimize our internal and external documentation and processes for Complaint Handling. You will hold cross-functional teams and partners accountable for a high standard customer experience. Promptly attend to any requirement from regulators and authorities related to user support, especially consumers’ authorities
- Work with others to maintain a relationship with regulatory and consumer protection agencies
- Refine tools, strategize and organize processes and trainings to increase the quality of the customer experience; identify possible flaws or failures to comply with the legal and regulatory standards and successfully collaborate with multiple Stripe teams to execute thorough remediation strategy and action plans
- Collaborate with Engineering, Risk, Legal & Compliance to improve our products and processes
- Surface and document edge case user requests and work with regional teams to validate requirements and proposed solutions
You may be a good match if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience in an operational, product or project management role and 4+ years of experience in the area of customer grievance and customer service, preferably within the environment of a regulated institution
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment, crafting strategic and rapid fixes to high intensity problems
- Obsessively ensure that customers’ rights are preserved with clear, objective, conclusive and timely responses. You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a strong empathy to solve user problems
- Are comfortable navigating through ambiguity, and have a keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality
- Have a strong sense on how to scale great user support experience and can design and continuously improve operational processes
- Have an ability to execute and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Enjoy digging deep into data; you can analyze user feedback patterns and use these insights to drive improvements. Being proficient in SQL, Splunk or equivalent query languages is desirable
- Graduated in Law, Administration and/or related areas is desirable
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.