Data Scientist - Blockchain Gaming(Remote Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for a data scientist to join the NBA Top Shot team. We want someone who can help us understand the Top Shot Marketplace, classify and categorize our users, develop predictive models of their behaviour and get the economy of the product well-tuned and running smoothly.
Your goal will be to bring data to bear on the decisions that shape Dapper Labs current and future products. All aspects of the data will be part of your responsibility, from carefully following each feature to optimize its effectiveness to summarizing the big picture for investors and other essential stakeholders. Through a thorough and clear application of modern data science and statistical techniques, your work product will shape the cutting-edge games launched by Dapper Labs.
The ideal candidate has:
- A background in math, statistics or computer science.
- Substantial experience working with online games and their customers.
- A passion for blockchain technology, open-source and open state software development.
- Deep knowledge of online games and their metrics is a big plus.
If you are looking to level up your skillset working in a nimble, bleeding-edge technology area while helping shape the future of decentralization, this job is for you!
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Work with the NBA Top Shot team to analyze large amounts of behavioural data with the goal of generating deep understandings of the patterns of activity that lead to user retention and monetization.
- Generate predictive models that can be used to communicate effectively to segments of the user population through merchandising opportunities.
- Consistently consume and produce massive amounts of data while optimizing for accuracy, quality and speed.
- Research and develop how advanced data science techniques and machine learning can enable and empower our game and feature development.
- Make use of the open nature of the blockchain to develop rich user profiles that extend beyond the limits of a single product.
- Discover and describe networks of users to find patterns that improve product growth through effective virality.
- Provide effective feedback to the game economy team to improve live operations and build a robust, long-lasting game.
A little about you:
- You have previous experience working in a data role with online games.
- You live and breathe KPIs.
- You are capable of applying your skills broadly across a wide variety of situations to solve any type of quantitative problem that arises.
- You have a masters' degree in a quantitate field (Mathematics, Computer Science or similar).
- You have 3+ years of working experience in data centred role.
- Strong knowledge of R and SQL.
- No fear of engagement with new tools is a must. Familiarity with Excel, Tableau or Mixpanel a benefit.
- You are naturally curious and passionate about game design and live operations.
- A passion for basketball or sportscard collecting is a bonus.
- You enjoy tackling loosely defined problems and thrive when given autonomy.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.