User Policy Investigator(Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Risk & Financial Crimes Operations team is looking for an experienced User Policy Investigator to join an industry leading global User Policy team. As a User Policy Investigator, you will be conducting due diligence investigations as part of a global operational user policy team.
Did you know that only around 4% of the world’s GDP comes from internet commerce? At Stripe, we believe that this represents a future with almost limitless potential for innovation, creativity and global prosperity. While the promise of a global online economy is palpable, it doesn’t come without significant risk. Each day, businesses launch online with Stripe. It is the duty of the user policy team to ensure these businesses are who they say they are, processing for what they claim to be processing for, and to offboard those who do not meet the requirements to process.
We are looking for someone passionate about user policy, identifying new trends/typologies, educating other Stripes on the user policy risk of new markets/products, naturally curious and a strong desire to network with peers and partners within the user policy space.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and an ability to navigate non-binary, high-risk decisions
- Evaluate merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions by assessing suitability to process on Stripe
- Help manage Stripe’s portfolio by developing a deep understanding of high business risk across industries, geographies, and operating models
- Adhere closely to process while still constantly questioning assumptions, suggesting improvements, and following up implementation of those improvements
- Effectively and clearly communicate with other Stripes, Stripe’s users, and Stripe’s financial partners
- Identify differing risks of complex business models and enforce appropriate mitigation actions based on your assessment
- Utilize analytics to optimize strategies which can be enforced across Stripes portfolio
- Identify trends and further report these to cross functional teams to enhance detection systems
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Due Diligence team Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements
- Contribute to projects to enhance and optimize due diligence strategy systems and tools
- Help build processes for scale
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with knowledge of due diligence or policy enforcement
- Deep empathy for entrepreneurs running a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
- The ability and desire to challenge the status quo
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
- Can analyze feedback patterns and use these insights to drive process and product improvements
- You like ownership, being accountable, and driving towards ambitious goals
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.