Manager, Priority Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You'll be part coach, part diplomat, part entrepreneur - 100% committed to building and sustaining trust with users and your team.
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies.
The Priority Operations team directly supports our largest and fastest growing users, partnering with them to grow their business. We actively seek and capitalize on opportunities to meet and exceed their service expectations, working to impress the trendsetters and remove obstacles from their path. The team is there when users need us but also there proactively - before they even realize they need support.
Stripe is looking for a leader, based in Seattle or anywhere in North America, to help build, expand and grow the Priority Operations team. The manager will lead a high performing team motivated by improving the lives of Stripe’s user base. They cultivate the happiness of their teams while guiding them through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals. The Priority Services team is also responsible for managing large operational projects.
- Guide the organization to design and deliver incredible user experiences
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance
- Maintain metrics and analysis of team performance, and provide regular reporting on team performance in the form of written analysis and performance reports
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience leading operational teams such as premium support teams (preferably in high-growth technology companies)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user facing team with a high bar for quality and a willingness to lead by example
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.