Regional Security Manager: Americas (East Coast)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Help us scale our global security team!
Stripe is looking for an experienced Security Operations leader to join our team. As the Regional Security Manager Americas (East Coast) at Stripe, you will be responsible for developing our core physical security deliverables to office locations in the Americas, and help build a program to support Stripe around the globe. You will work cross functionally within the Corporate Security team, and alongside other business teams at the company to keep Stripe secure and Stripes safe, all while supporting growth in the Americas region.
In This Role You Will:
- Serve as a leader on the team reporting to the Head of Global Security Operations
- Manage and provide oversight of our physical security operations function as we grow in the Americas (East Coast) region and support the wider team globally as required
- Work closely with Stripe’s business leads, workplace teams and external business partners and build a team that scales with the business
- Build policy and procedure guidance documents for security practices, user operations escalations, event management, crisis management, and incident documentation. Adhere to procedures already shipped
- Partner with functional, business and vendor teams across the company to conduct risk, threat and vulnerability assessments to identify and document Stripe’s most impactful risks. Recommend and deploy appropriate mitigation strategies
- Effectively manage services providers, ensuring an effective risk based programs operating within a developed set of standard operating procedures. Provide feedback through service level agreements, quarterly business reviews and agreed key performance indicators
- Forecast budgets accurately, make improvement and cost-efficiency suggestions and manage operations to budget
- Create and administer employee education programming to increase security awareness levels throughout the regional offices as we work to develop a culture of security that protects Stripe and our users
- Collaborate with business continuity, crisis management and environmental, health & safety teams to ensure emergency incident and crisis response plans are in place and tested regularly
- Provide security design expertise and project management in relation to new office builds and expansion efforts throughout the region
- Work closely with key stakeholders to support return to office and covid response efforts in the region
To Be Considered For This Role, You Must Have:
- At least 5+ years experience working at a multinational company, with responsibility for regional security operations in the Americas (East Coast)
- Hold a degree in a security or risk related field and/or be certified through ASIS International with a CPP or similar designation that demonstrates an active interest and desire to continually develop in your professional field
- A solid understanding of core physical security risks and threats, and experience in developing effective and measurable programs in an international setting
- A strategic mindset with a service attitude, constantly working towards satisfying the needs of our users
- Be a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of projects happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines
- A highly developed network of resources, cultivated through years of building relationships in the security industry, government and the tech community to ensure your effectiveness in a wide region with complex geopolitical, cultural, and business environments
- Extreme organizational skills, hyper-responsiveness, and leadership excellence.
- Be able to travel domestically and internationally (when restrictions allow) up to 25% of the time, sometimes at short notice
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.