Head of Community
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are seeking a seasoned community leader with a passion for building outstanding technical communities to join our marketing team at ZenHub. As the ZenHub Head of Community, you will own our global community development initiatives targeting developers, project managers, product owners, engineering leads, and other key audiences.
As our first Head of Community, you'll use your leadership experience to shape the function, enhance our community experience and infrastructure, drive community health and engagement, provide input and feedback to the product roadmap based on community needs and requirements, and more. A highly visible member of our team, you’ll connect, promote, and advance the community's voice within our organization and in the broader industry.
Here's what you'll do:
- Develop and execute programs that grow, shape, and empower the ZenHub community.
- Deliver compelling content, campaigns, and collateral to engage and enable a broad community of developers, project managers, product owners, engineering managers, and others across events, content, social media, campaigns, and more.
- Take a structured approach to creating community roles, onboarding new members, and working with internal stakeholders to ensure community members have a powerful and frictionless experience.
- Grow the number of community members that regularly give talks, write great blog posts, and organize meetups about ZenHub.
- Drive outward facing efforts that will grow our base of customers, users, and community members, including representing ZenHub at developer events, conferences, trade shows, and within external communities.
- Foster collaboration, relationships, and partnerships with other communities and organizations.
- Work with product, engineering, and marketing teams on product roadmaps to address community feature requests and needs.
- Moderate Discourse, Slack, social media, and other official channels for community discussions (spam, tag clean-up, etc.)
- Develop, operationalize, and monitor health metrics for community.
- Forecast, measure and report the results of community development initiatives.
- Propose improved ways of operating based on the data.
- Keep community programs up-to-date with competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to ensure that every time ZenHub or something relevant to ZenHub is discussed on social media there is a timely and thoughtful response.
- Over time, build a great team by hiring, training, and motivating an outstanding team to grow the ZenHub community.
Here's what we're after:
- 5-7 years of experience in building and scaling technical communities
- 3-5 years of experience leading developer relations or community engagement programs within the software industry
- Software development capabilities and experience
- Strong public speaking, blogging, and content development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities
- Able to work autonomously, but also thrive in a fast-paced team setting juggling competing priorities
- Comfortable handling complex and sensitive community management situations with humility, good judgment, tact, and humor
- Able to integrate our brand, voice, and messaging into developed content
- Experience with Discourse configuration and administration
- Experience with marketing automation (Hubspot, Marketo), Salesforce, and Google Analytics
A little more about us:
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the role description. One of our values is “Growth Mindset”. If you have some of the qualities listed above, and are excited about the role and motivated to learn – we want to hear from you!
At ZenHub our people are the priority. We believe the more perspectives we embrace, the stronger our team. We recruit the best, and welcome people of all backgrounds regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or ability. With a focus on respect and a commitment to continuous learning, we’re building an inclusive culture that supports our team in doing their best work. We work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Boundaryless working style. We want our team to work from wherever is best for them. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home office or from our bright, spacious, and dog-friendly Zen-den, we support you. For those opting to wfh, we offer a generous monthly stipend to cover ongoing remote work expenses. If you opt to join us in-office, we’ll contribute to your commute expenses or bike maintenance.
○ A flexible vacation policy. We work hard and it’s important we take time to recharge. We have a flexible time off policy with no hard limit and encourage our team members to take a minimum of 3 weeks off per year.
○ A commitment to continued learning and development. We provide an annual professional development budget to use towards conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set.
○ Fitness reimbursements. Stay fit with our monthly reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-of-the-line equipment. In addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous annual new tech budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies. We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on our team have the ability to create flexible schedules or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ Social Connection. When it’s safe to gather again our team will have access to a shared collaboration space in Vancouver, but our team is focused on fostering strong relationships and an equitable experience no matter where in the world you’re working.
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!
Your application has been successfully submitted.