Content Publishing Lead (NBA Top Shot)(Remote Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for a Content Publishing Lead to level up our comms, content and strategy in our written communications to collectors. This role will be central to supporting all Marketing efforts.
You’ll work cross-functionally with team members across the marketing, creative, community, and product teams on projects big and small to help reach new audiences and engage existing ones.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate has a great attitude and basic knowledge of the NFT space (plus a strong appetite to build on that knowledge!). We are looking for someone creative and eager to grow as part of our team and able to flourish in the fluidity of the role. The ideal candidate must interact seamlessly with a broad range of internal teams as well as key external partners (agencies, teams, players, etc.).
A little about us:
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above all else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What You’ll Accomplish Here:
- Own, design, develop and all-in-all revolutionize our content-publishing process, with a goal of creating a unique, powerful and consistent brand voice that helps us achieve our company goals and become part of the daily basketball conversation.
- Write consistently compelling, tight and impactful copy across blogs, emails, social campaigns, marketing materials and more.
- Lead and launch best in class email, push-notification & written marketing campaigns designed to acquire new collectors, help them fall in love with NBA Top Shot and/or engage our amazing existing community of collectors.
- Write and/or proofread all blogs, emails & marketing materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy and overall quality.
- Working in tandem with our Creative team, develop best-in-class, mobile-friendly, high-performing blog, email & push notification templates.
- Working cross-org, develop a blog, email & push notification framework that factors in all the many needs of a fast-growing company, while still maintaining voice and value in every email for our collectors.
- Use data and insights to develop an email content strategy and calendar and evangelize throughout the organization.
- Report on efficacy of campaigns to guide future strategy for comms, along with providing company-wide insights for future multi-channel campaigns.
- Liaise between our internal marketing team and other external partners including agencies, teams, athletes, etc.
- Take on special projects with gusto.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You thrive under pressure, love working as part of a fast-moving team, can deal with feedback and needs from multiple perspectives and enjoy working with passionate people.
- You excel at producing high-quality work on quick deadlines, while also being able to step back and develop (and communicate) a larger vision.
- You have a knack for numbers -- you’re able to read data to determine patterns and gain insights, and then explain them at a high level to guide future decision-making.
- You’ve got an elite understanding of blog, email & push-notification marketing as a growth, engagement and loyalty tool, including a full knowledge of industry best practices.
- Passion for community with previous experience and demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels within an organization.
- Understands the rigors and needs of a small team and startup environment.
- Has 3-7 years experience managing/overseeing publishing for an agency, major lifestyle brand, with sports industry experience (preferably basketball) as a major bonus.
- Experience launching campaigns & building digital communities, with large IPs.
- Deep knowledge and fandom of the NBA and the surrounding basketball ecosystem.
- Strong empathy to understand the fan experience and advocate on their behalf.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.