Staff Engineer, Money Movement Platform
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Money Movement team is working toward a future in which all of the complexity that comes with handling money (e.g. accepting different currencies, adopting new payment methods, integrating with hundreds of banks globally) is hidden from Stripe’s users. It is core to Stripe’s business and thousands of developers will use our platform and infrastructure to create valuable products and services that billions of people use.
Our team is responsible for building out the platform that powers money movement for all Stripe Products including Connect, Issuing, and Corporate Card. Ultimately, our goal is to increase the GDP of the internet by making it easy to build global products, services, and platforms that handle money.
The Money Movement team is currently looking for Engineering Leaders who can drive the technical vision for how Stripe moves money at a global scale. This role spans the stack, from the core financial APIs that all of Stripe’s products are built on—like transfers, payouts, and top-ups—to the financial integrations we rely on to move billions of dollars in countries around the world. The team also runs infrastructure that abstracts payment networks globally to expose capabilities for moving money with a variety of characteristics like speed, currency and cost. We are responsible to ensure that money gets to its destination quickly, reliably and in a cost effective manner.
- Help define and lead the technical roadmap for Money Movement.
- Ensure our infrastructure is safely extensible, scalable, reliable and meets SLAs for both external and internal users.
- Shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against and meet the requirements of product teams.
- Help drive sound technical decision making within Money Movement and lead technical conversations with other teams across Stripe.
- Run design and code reviews for key components and ships in Money Movement.
- Pair with Engineering Managers to mentor and develop senior engineering talent on the teams.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have previously been in a Technical Leadership or Staff/Principal Engineering role driving technical work for large groups of engineers.
- Have solid experience in architecting and designing large-scale and complex systems that deliver critical impact to the business.
- Have experience in driving, executing, and delivering high quality technical solutions.
- Are skilled in gathering and effectively synthesizing users’ feedback and experience with platforms and product offerings.
- Are skilled in working across engineering teams and other functions in building alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently.
- Are effective in giving and receiving constructive feedback to/from peers and team members.
- Are comfortable in working in ambiguously defined problem spaces, can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy, and have delivered tangible results, as demonstrated in prior experiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.