Software Engineering Intern
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Tackle difficult problems with rewarding solutions at Stripe
Our internship program will provide an opportunity to work on meaningful products that will grow the GDP of the internet. Through the internship, you will work with many systems and technologies, gain experience in systems design, testing, and opportunities to talk about your work to the broader company. Each intern has a dedicated mentor, and every project is part of the team’s roadmap and will directly help Stripe’s mission. Some recent projects have been rebuilding our statistics aggregation service, building new service discovery systems, and many user facing projects like making it easy to understand error messages on Stripe Checkout. As a Stripe intern, you won’t just be working on important projects to increase global commerce, you’ll work alongside exceptional people who insist on doing their best work. You’ll work and learn from people with high standards who are great at inspiring others to do more and go further. We value technical and personal growth, and see our internship program as a vehicle to foster both.
- Write software that will be used in production, and has meaningful impact to Stripe
- Give and receive technical feedback through code reviews or design discussions
- Collaborate with other engineers (and people from other disciplines) to proactively seek and incorporate feedback
- Learn quickly by asking great questions, finding how to work with your mentor and teammates effectively, and communicate the status of your work clearly
We’re looking for someone with:
- A strong fundamental understanding of Computer Science through pursuit of a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Computer Science, math, or a related discipline
- Experience from previous internships or other multi-person projects, including open source contributions, that demonstrate evaluating and receiving feedback from mentors, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to learn unfamiliar systems and form an understanding of those systems, through independent research and working with a mentor and subject matter experts
You also likely have:
- 2 years of university education, or equivalent work experience
- A couple areas of more in-depth knowledge or focus, as well as general skills and knowledge, such as knowing both frontend technologies and, at a high level, how a service handles an HTTP request
- Understanding and some experience writing high quality pull requests, with good test coverage, and working knowledge to complete projects with minimal defects
- Familiarity with navigating and managing your work in new code bases, with multiple languages
- Ability to write clearly to explain your work to stakeholders, team members, and other Stripes
Please include these in your application:
- A description of your work history (either a resume, LinkedIn Profile, website, or other portfolio of work)
- Examples of your relevant work and approach to learning (GitHub, StackOverflow, other projects including open source contributions)
Your application has been successfully submitted.