Content Manager / Editor - Dapper Sports
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a seasoned editor and content creator with great experience looking for a chance to make your mark on the sports industry with a brand new tech-forward product? We’re looking for a writer and editorial lead who knows how to build a voice and attract an audience. Join us at Dapper Sports - the first officially-licensed digital collectibles and accompanying mobile game on the Flow blockchain.
Together we will bring Sports to life through the excitement of top game moments. Fans are rabid supporters of their team and players, and are meticulous in their knowledge of details around the game. This role will be oriented towards getting fans excited about the content produced, helping to produce and curate aspects of that content including direct editorial decision-making in pack creation and campaign work, and making sure fans have all the information they need to make decisions on what to collect. You will be the tip of the spear in infusing the Sports platform with key information about plays, content that can help hype drops, and the editorial crafting that highlights connections, expected or unexpected, in the world of hoops. You will be integral in bringing our products to the 1.6 billion basketball fans across the world.
This is a huge opportunity to build, optimize, and own a content program for a product with astronomical growth. You must enjoy problem solving, getting your hands dirty, having a major impact directly on product adoption, and collaborating across many stakeholders. Every day, you will work with a world-class team to defy the limits of what audiences can expect from our products.
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, and the Flow blockchain. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs’ mission is to make the world a more open place by driving adoption of blockchain technology. Blockchains are public computers, enabling developers to build applications that are transparent, freely accessible, and let users to keep control of their own digital assets and data. Blockchain applications, once deployed, can be immutable – meaning other developers can build on top of them without any fear or platform risk. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
What You'll Accomplish Here:
- Craft written editorial about plays, packs, and the challenges associated with them.
- Advise the LiveOps team on plays that should launch on the Sports platform.
- Craft packs based on fan interest and trends on the court.
- Identify high quality content to associate with Moments, like heroic photographic imagery.
- Highlight the most spectacular plays in sports.
- Create and hone a strong, unique voice for Dapper Sports.
- Advocate for fans within the product team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is a basketball fan who can live and breathe the sport.
- Is obsessed with current trends in basketball, on and off the court.
- Is an expert with experience in hands-on content creation, with an emphasis on written content.
- Is a professional with a proven track record of building vibrant editorial programs.
- Is a world class communicator who can inspire fans around the world.
- Is effective at working across stakeholders including: artists, engineers, community managers.
- Understands the rigors and needs of a small team and startup environment.
- Has at least 5+ years experience in editorial and content creation for a high growth startup, major brand, or game studio.
- Strong creative and persuasive writing ability.
- Strong brand voice skills, ability to become the brand, ability to add value to fans day-to-day life.
- Deep knowledge and fandom of the the biggest sports leagues and the ability to hold your own in a conversation with the biggest fans on the planet.
- Strong empathy to understand the fan experience and advocate on their behalf.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and make decisions based on it.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.