Head of Payments Programs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe’s infrastructure powers businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, detect fraud, help entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, build world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. We’re looking for a leader to support the growing program management organization within our largest engineering and product organization: Payments.
As the leader for this area, you’ll design and run complex programs, spanning product, tech, business, and operations. You’ll build a world-class organization of technical program managers and program managers at a scale that supports Stripe’s growth. You’ll partner closely with the business, product, engineering, and cross-functional leaders of Stripe Payments to enable high-velocity, high-quality, coordinated global development. You’ll identify gaps, see around corners, and steer us towards tighter, more efficient operations, better development, and most importantly, better products for our users.
You may be a fit if:
- You have partnered with engineering and product leaders to set the strategy of an overall group
- You are excited about managing and growing a set of teams, managers and individuals, across multiple locations, including providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching, and career growth
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product quality and obsessed with product impact
- You have led the delivery of important company-wide, software engineering initiatives
- You have designed and run heavily cross-functional operational programs at scale
- You can easily interface with Engineering and business owners for requirements and scope
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of an engineering program: ideation, design, development, testing and release
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
A strong candidate will have a number of these qualifications:
- 7+ years of management experience of varying seniority, including growing teams, people development, and supporting other managers
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience
- Extensive experience in finding and growing talent through coaching, mentoring, and career development conversations
- Experience driving programs from ideation to delivery and leading teams of Technical Program Managers and/or Program Managers who have done the same
- Experience operating autonomously and leading across multiple teams, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience working on products with a global footprint
Nice to haves:
- Payments ecosystem experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.