Full Stack Engineer, Financial Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Financial Engineering team is at the core of Stripe to empower mission-critical financial domains including Accounting, Finance & Strategy, and Treasury. Engineers on the Financial Engineering team build platforms, data pipelines, and financial products for the Finance team led by Stripe’s CFO. The use cases include financial analytics and insights, accounting automation, auditing, financial planning & forecasting, and financial business intelligence.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re passionate about solving business problems and making direct impact on customers, you are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Scope, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to Stripe’s Financial Data products
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 3+ years of experience working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Measure your success in terms of impact, not lines of code Internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Support to better understand our customers’ needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our money-moving infrastructure, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.