Full Stack Engineer, Consumer Products
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Stripe expands up the stack from APIs to UIs, hosted experiences, and no-code solutions, building for consumers has become an even more critical part of our mission to create the economic infrastructure of the internet. Consumers decide what to purchase, how to purchase, and who to purchase from. By focusing on their problems and needs – the way they make decisions and the user journeys they follow – we can build faster, more trustworthy, and higher converting products for consumers and merchants alike.
Consumer Product is a brand new team at Stripe. As a full stack engineer on the Consumer Product team, you’ll build and grow Link, our recently launched 1-click payment solution, plus take new products in development from 0 to 1. You’ll work across everything from web/mobile UIs to backend payments and authentication systems. Millions of consumers already use Stripe every year; this gives us a massive opportunity to accelerate the shift from offline to online by making their experience the best it can be.
Stripe has not historically built consumer facing products. Doing so will require both greenfield, full stack development and horizontal integrations across existing surfaces. We’re looking for engineers who are invigorated by the opportunity to have a major impact on how users interact with Stripe. You must be comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces; you should have exquisite attention to detail, and be comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Build full stack consumer products, from pixel-perfect UIs to highly-available backend systems.
- Iterate rapidly, collaborating with product and design to launch the first versions of new products.
- Lay the foundation to support Stripe’s long-term consumer vision.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions.
- Work with engineers across the company to ship interoperable products.
- Leverage the best of Stripe’s stack or build from the ground up when prudent.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Combine a rigorous approach to systems engineering with a pragmatic focus on delivering value to users quickly.
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users to craft great experiences.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving many different teams and stakeholders.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.