Engineering Manager, Supportability Intelligence
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe’s mission is to grow the GDP of the internet, and our users want to access any or all of Stripe’s products quickly and with ease. The Supportability Intelligence team builds backend and AI systems to understand our users’ businesses and provide a streamlined self-serve experience, without altering Stripe’s risk trajectory.
We are forward-thinking about emergent trends (e.g. Crypto, NFTs, Creator Economy, Adult) and help users manage industry-specific risks in a self-serve and scalable way. This includes automated business model understanding, simplifying regulatory requirements into straightforward user flows, and doing so with an eye towards scale – as Stripe continues to grow its product suite and global footprint.
Not only is this a material business opportunity for Stripe, but this is also our way of enabling industries that have been traditionally been under-served by financial infrastructure.
We are looking for a manager to lead this team!
You will be tackling problems like these:
How can we use ML to automatically understand our users’ business models at scale?
How do we simplify regulatory requirements, and provide surprisingly great user experience?
What global trends should Stripe be on the lookout for (e.g. the next crypto)?
Your work will include:
- Setting the vision, goals, and strategy for the team based on business goals
- Executing cross-functionally with product teams and business strategists
- Hiring, motivating, and developing engineers to do their best work and grow in their careers
You will be a good fit if you:
- Have at least 5 years of engineering management experience
- Lead by example in high-growth, high-impact, ambiguous environments
- Have experience building scalable ML and backend systems
- Enjoy measuring and improving user experience
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Thrive in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- [Bonus] Experience in natural language processing (NLP) or image processing
Your application has been successfully submitted.