Product Director - Flow Developer Experience (Remote Canada
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow blockchain is designed for a new generation of consumer apps, games, and the digital assets that power them. Flow helps developers build the kinds of applications people want to use, with a focus on consumer-friendly onboarding and the ability to handle mainstream scale.
We are looking for a product leader to join our Developer Experience engineering team and push the boundaries of what’s possible in the development tools landscape and enable developers to deliver world class capabilities and experiences to their users. Your goal is to define a new paradigm of application development and build the best practices, community, and core components of bringing that paradigm to developers. While you are going to work with our engineering team to deliver core libraries, APIs and SDKs, your main focus will be to build as little as possible in house and empower our community to develop the next generation of developer tools.
A little about us:
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above all else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Define and execute the strategy and technical product roadmap for the Flow developer tooling suite in cooperation with internal stakeholders and our community.
- Drive adoption of our solutions by working with marketing and other departments to highlight competitive advantages and differentiated workflows for developers.
- Ensure our external partners and community have support and successfully build best in class developer tools.
- Work with both our engineers and external collaborators to develop SDKs, libraries, APIs, and other developer interfaces; help define how we build components that developers can easily incorporate and how we deploy tools and services as building blocks.
- Create and execute strategic growth plans with quantifiable results; define success metrics and prioritize key initiatives to drive developer engagement.
- Leverage deep business and technical understanding of developer tools landscape, emergent trends and competitive analysis to inform the roadmap and advise on areas of risk and opportunity.
A little about you:
- Product management experience in building platforms, ideally with distributed / decentralized systems architectures and with open source communities.
- Proven success in launching developer-facing products and working with SDKs, libraries, APIs - preferably developed and owned the entire developer experience.
- Experience in scaling products through constant learning and experimentation, in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, matched with the ability to tell a story with the data.
- Ability to think strategically, learn quickly, prioritize effectively and succeed in fast-paced and uncertain environments while acting autonomously.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and a passion for using emerging technology and data to solve unmet user needs.
- Computer science degree or experience as a developer / software engineer highly preferred.
Location: remote PST time zone or Vancouver, BC
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $300M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.