Credit Risk Strategist, Enterprise
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe handles billions of dollars every year for businesses around the world, and the Risk team plays a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership success. As a credit strategist on the Commercial Business Risk team, you will help underwrite and manage a portfolio of our largest and fastest growing businesses while guiding credit strategy and devising growth-friendly solutions that reduce Stripe’s credit risk. This is a high impact role that involves cross-functional partnership with Sales, Legal, Treasury, and Finance.
- Work directly with our top merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions, to evaluate their business models and financial statements
- Provide tailored credit risk recommendations that mitigate Stripe’s exposure while facilitating partner company growth
- Help manage the portfolio by developing a deep understanding of risk across industries, geographies, and operating models
- Deliver insights to support key business decisions ranging from onboarding strategies to pricing analysis and product launches
- Help drive a risk-centric approach to innovating Stripe’s products and infrastructure
- Refine tools and processes to help the group deliver on key performance indicators
- Work with internal and external partners to support entrepreneurs around the world
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with knowledge of commercial credit underwriting, financial risk modeling, and cash flow forecasting
- The ability to transform business and financial data into a cohesive narrative that outlines potential credit risks and presents dynamic mitigation strategies
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and comfort with evaluating financial statements and business models across a range of industries
- Superb written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail while managing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to comfortably interact with the CFOs and CEOs of our top merchants
- Deep empathy for entrepreneurs running a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative field
- Experience with SQL is preferred but not required
Your application has been successfully submitted.