Engineering Manager, Payment Links
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe was founded to make it easier for developers to accept payments. We’ve solved a small part of that problem, but our ambition is to go much further. For businesses, it’s still too hard to collect payments in every language, currency, payment method, and tax system. For consumers, it’s still too inconvenient to pay, and most online payment forms aren’t completely secure or accessible.
Stripe Payment Links is our product designed to solve those problems: it works on behalf of merchants and their customers to remove anything standing in the way of buying online, globally, no coding required. We launched Payment Links in May 2021, and already have thousands of merchants using the product daily.
We are looking for an engineering leader to build the team and drive the technical vision and design of the product. This role is critical, not only for the millions of merchants that use Stripe but their users as well.
- Work with a team of talented engineers, product managers and designers to deliver an end-to-end Payments product
- Collaborate other leaders across Stripe to design and drive the vision for Payment Links
- Drive the roadmap and goals of your team partnering with cross-functional teams
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with the recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them grow and advance in their careers
- Manage processes to enable your team to do their best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be fit for this role if you:
- You have at least 5 years engineering management experience and a track record of leading high performing engineering teams
- You have been responsible for delivering great products that work end-to-end and managed frontend and backend engineers.
- You enjoy working closely with customers
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are comfortable making hard decisions and trade-offs
- You have a strong technical sense and think rigorously about architecture and product decisions
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You have successfully recruited great people to your team
- You enjoy developing and mentoring engineers and engineering leaders
Your application has been successfully submitted.