Mobile Game Director(Remote Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re making an innovative sports product that brings a new digital collectible experience to all fans of the NBA. We're looking for a passionate sports fan who wants to work on the most exciting merger of collectibles and mobile game experiences.
The ideal candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience of bringing games from concept to release, designing for a live service product, communicating a clear vision in a highly collaborative environment, mentoring game designers, and partnering with engineering, art, and production teams.
As a Game Director, you will be responsible for transforming a creative vision into systems, mechanics, and features that combine to create an engaging player journey and experience. You will provide direction to game design and product teams while allowing the flexibility to experiment and iterate.
You are constantly thinking about the bigger picture, overseeing how the overall player experience and systems are coming together: game loop, gameplay depth, UX, progression, pace, quality, and delight. You ensure that all parts work together cohesively to fit the intended hypothesis and create a fun product. This of course comes with a robust monetary design that you will help drive and create.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Conceptualize, design, and develop a highly engaging and retentive NBA-branded mobile game for NBA fans and mobile gamers alike while bridging the gap between F2P and crypto
- Inspire and collaborate with interdependent teams to align design, engineering, art, and production
- Partner with adjacent project teams on building a new flavor of NFT and game economy, live ops structure, and content delivery
- Build out the game design function at Dapper Labs, setting the course for career growth, and provide development opportunities for team members
- Craft teams and grow relationships with partners in order to establish high-performance cross-functional teams that are set up for success.
- Develop a cohesive portfolio and go to market strategy for all of our mobile games
A little about you:
- Have shipped at least 1 free-to-play mobile game from concept to release as a lead designer, product manager, or producer
- Experience designing game economies, social features, and gameplay
- Excellent design skills and deep understanding of game design theory
- Strong understanding of how to design across audiences for retention, engagement, and monetization
- Experience managing and growing game designers
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.