This job is no longer accepting applications.
Corporate Strategy - Uncover the next horizons of Stripe growth
Corporate Strategy is a small but mighty team that partners directly with Stripe’s leadership to drive long-term strategic direction, evaluate net new opportunity areas, and analyze existential threats. We develop informed positions on big questions that drive the value and long-term competitive advantage of Stripe’s business. This team is uniquely positioned for impact: by tackling Stripe’s most important long-term strategic questions (we report directly into Stripe’s executive team) and by connecting strategy to execution (we sit adjacent to core operating functions).As part of the team you might:
- Help Stripe decide where to deploy its resources to maximize long-term strategic value
- Tackle hard, ambiguous questions with rigor and independence, owning projects from problem definition to final recommendation
- Clearly define the opportunity and risk of Stripe’s current and future product, customer, and geographic footprint, helping us to spot trends with impact on Stripe’s overall strategy
- Evaluate white space business, product, and partnership opportunities in adjacent markets
- Drive strategic decisions, crisply framing a problem space, potential paths and tradeoffs, enabling Stripe to move quickly
- Work with Stripe’s leadership team to ensure the company is positioned to execute on its strategy in the near- and long-term
- Build thought leadership on the future state of the industry (e.g., the future of money movement) and potential impact to Stripe’s overall strategy
You might be a fit if:
- You excel at hypothesis-driven problem solving and bringing structure to quantitative and qualitative insights
- You are eager to have a high degree of ownership, directly framing and influencing Stripe’s most strategic decisions
- You get a kick out of digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners to solve hard problems
- You are low ego and have a knack for working well with a wide range of people.
- You understand markets, competition, and how to leverage core competencies to create defensible strategies
- You have a passion for technology and an understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- You have 3-10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investing, or a comparable role in high growth tech companies
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- CS background or affinities
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in Corporate Strategy or Corporate Development (M&A)
- Experience in Product Management
- Experience in the payments or fintech space
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.