Internship Opportunities for Students: Human Resources (12 Months – Winter 2021 Start Date)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are Vancouver. Engineers, designers, managers, interns, leaders, learners, artists and collaborators. We are part of BC’s growing tech ecosystem, supporting development and bringing the community together. Every day is an adventure. Microsoft Vancouver is home to teams working on mixed reality applications for desktop and HoloLens, Gears of War, Office 365, Microsoft News, and much more.
We have an exciting 1-year HR Co-op position at Microsoft Vancouver! This is an opportunity for a student to gain exposure to various areas of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition in our dynamic environment. As an HR co-op, you will support and work on fundamental Human Resources processes, policies, projects, and information systems.
- Facilitate first and last day logistics by liaising with employees, managers and admins, IT, Facilities, Payroll and centralized HR Services team
- Organize and conduct New Employee Orientation for full-time employees and interns.
- Act as the main point of contact for employees regarding payroll, benefits, and other HR-related questions
- Coordinate early in career program: ensure a smooth onboarding for 130+ international new grad hires by working with university recruiting, HR Services, remote managers and admins, local IT and facilities
- Support internal transfer program: create and manage positions and requisitions; initiate Canadian immigration cases with external legal counsel
- Organize community-building activities and morale events for early in career employees and interns; facilitate the onboarding buddy program
- Complete the annual salary survey: understand roles, salaries and levelling at Microsoft Vancouver, analyze and present survey results
- Assist Talent Acquisition team with recruitment projects, schedule interviews and conduct phone screens
- Create and update employee resource documents, SharePoint sites, and step-by-step HR process guides
- Leverage various HR Systems (SuccessFactors, iCIMS, and internal tools) for daily and routine activities
- Provide ad-hoc support to HR and Talent Acquisition team members and other administrative tasks as required – which includes uploading documents, data-entry and reporting
- Pursuing a degree in business with a concentration in HR or related field (with at least one quarter or semester remaining after the internship)
- Prior intern experience in HR preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and dedication to delivering high quality work in a timely manner
- Strong presentation skills: demonstrate ability to present knowledge and address questions in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work with others and produce positive outcomes
- strong work ethic and demonstrated professionalism and strict confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Proven ability to learn on the job, problem-solve, multitask, prioritize, and manage a large work volume
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Your application has been successfully submitted.