Senior Data Scientist
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Senior Data Scientist – Mixed Reality Applications
The Dynamics 365 Guides team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us deliver our best-in-class Mixed Reality Training and Operations apps for HoloLens and other devices.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides is the mixed reality tool that allows employees to learn by doing with interactive instructions, helping organizations engage employees where and how they work, improve training efficiency, and generate data to improve processes. We build the world’s most advanced Mixed Reality applications for HoloLens, HoloLens 2, and mobile devices. We use the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform to augment and enhance the professional lives of workers around the world, empowering them to achieve more.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our cross-discipline development team, to take our ideas from concept to final quality experiences. The person we are looking for is highly motivated to deliver solutions to customers by working collaboratively with PMs, designers, and engineers to implement best-in-class features and help drive forward the use of data analysis and machine learning in our products. This role requires data engineering experience that will be leveraged to both prototype and productionize data science deliverables.
- Research, define, and develop data science capabilities into our product experience; partner effectively with software engineers, designers, and PMs to deliver those capabilities.
- Collect data from varied sources and create automated extractions and aggregations.
- Ensure data pipeline infrastructure for telemetry data maintains production readiness and has the flexibility to respond to changing requirements.
- Analyze data, study and test data pipelines and outputs to ensure quality.
- Own and deliver both independently produced and team-created deliverables.
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team in Vancouver, as well as teams in Microsoft Redmond, to build features for our applications.
- Communicate on status, planning and strategy across a wide range of stakeholder seniority in our organization.
- Contribute to a team culture that embraces diversity and inclusion and makes your team an awesome place to work.
- 5+ years of experience in data science or machine learning.
- 3+ years’ experience building and maintaining data pipelines in a production setting.
- Expert level of mastery with SQL, NoSQL databases and significant experience with Python.
- Strong understanding of data modelling techniques and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills to all levels; ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner.
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Graduate degree in computer science, software engineering, data science, statistics, or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional experience in web application & services development.
- Experience working as a member of a team using Agile methodology.
- Comfortable working in large teams with modern version control systems like Git.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.