Senior Program Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join us as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product to the next level.
We are looking for a motivated product leader to define and deliver new ways to connect people, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of business applications and corporate cultures.
This position is responsible for driving core services improvements that power Teams. You will partner with other groups across teams and conduct data analysis to identify and deliver clear specifications that communicate requirements and work to secure commitments to deliver, making tradeoffs to maximize impact across a number of objectives. The incumbent will also define core metrics for their area and map out a strategy to improve product performance against those metrics. The role is a mix of business analysis, product thinking, technical depth, operational excellence, and cross team collaboration. It’s a high value role that is both creative and technical with the opportunity to redefine how people work and collaborate.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We’re in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We’re also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product.
- Partner collaboratively with the groups throughout Microsoft Teams to understand their business goals, user needs, and collect requirements and synthesize product plans to deliver maximum impact across all areas.
- Deliver feature options, data analysis, present proposals for change, requirements definition, and delivery of capabilities.
- Manage dependencies across teams to ensure that features land on time with the required scope across desktop, mobile and web.
- Engage with customers and internal preview users to triage, prioritize, and address customer feedback for your area.
- Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team.
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms.
- 3-5 years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services.
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the collaborative leadership skills to lead a change in direction when needed.
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
- Strong project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a proven track record of managing complex projects with many partners.
- Demonstrated experience across the entire product lifecycle – from competitive research, ideation, user centered design, specification, architecture and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas.
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.