International Cloud Transformation Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Are you a seasoned technology leader, who is passionate about cloud and the benefits it can bring to support the largest and most complex government customers in their journey to the cloud? Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Azure for Government enables innovation with deeply integrated cloud services, advanced analytics, and an open application platform, that provides the building blocks to rapidly develop, deploy and manage intelligent solutions. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global Government Engineering team is hiring an exceptional program manager to help accelerate our most strategic government customers’ adoption of Microsoft Azure by connecting our technical experience, along with our customers’ vision and challenges directly to the engineering product teams, and as a result help to ensure Azure is the most compelling solution on the market. We work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer mission scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
The Azure Global Government Expansion and Growth group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. The Government Expansion Program Manager is part of this WW group. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
If so, the Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to help define and execute on our Government expansion strategy. You will partner closely with your colleagues, engineering, and infrastructure teams, as well as country leadership to drive adoption of Azure.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organization and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more.
- Scale pipeline by working closely with field teams and strategic partners to find and grow innovative opportunities
- Advocate Microsoft cloud technologies through global forums and communities
- Represent Microsoft to our WWPS clients and prospects well ahead of an identified sales cycle
- Leverage and develop deep relationships with key Government stakeholders, establishing a foundation of trust between Microsoft and Government
- Understand the client’s mission and technology landscape, find opportunities digital experiences and map Microsoft Cloud capabilities to resolve
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep experience leading Public Sector agencies and departments, working with senior politicians and public servants
- Respected position as an international leader in digital transformation within the public sector, with an existing network, access to global leaders and key partner ecosystems
- Deep experience of leading Government budgeting and procurement processes for high profile digital and technology transformations
- Identify opportunities, create business cases, drive virtual teams and engage with senior Government and Microsoft executives
- Strong business development skills with exceptionally compelling presentation and written skills
- Track record of effectively communicating complex information to a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams across multiple organizational boundaries
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.