Senior Software Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers who are passionate about designing & building high quality reliable Cloud services and delivering world-class product experiences.
As an engineer on our team, you’ll be working on changes to one or more services to meet the growing needs of Microsoft first party and third party solutions. In particular, for a given feature you’ll be expected to meet with stakeholders/PM to get the requirements, document the design and review within the team, implement the design, create unit tests on your changes, manage the flighting of the new feature, and implement additional monitoring and metrics as needed for the feature. In short, you will truly own your feature from start to finish. As a leader on our team, you will be responsible for driving best practices and mentoring junior engineers.
Teams hiring for Vancouver BC include:
Intelligent Conversation and Communication Cloud (IC3) powers billions of real-time customer conversations across Microsoft’s first party (Teams, Skype), and second party (Dynamics) solutions. IC3 enables reliable and high-quality audio/video calling, meeting, and messaging services that work every time from anywhere seamlessly across all customer touchpoints. IC3 makes conversations on our platforms more intelligent in real-time empowering best-in-class productivity tools for the modern workplace where every call, meeting, or chat will make the next one better.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design and code reviews
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft as a business and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach
- 7+ years of software design and development experience with backend services
- 7+ years of industry experience in object oriented programming, using coding languages such as C++, C#, Java or Python
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries
- Experience in DevOps to maintain live services and\or application frameworks
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirabl
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
- Passion for building customer delighting experiences, and highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions and Engineering teams across the Vancouver Hub.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.