Cloud Solution Architect – Data Scientist
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Scientist/Artificial Intelligence (AI) Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with our customers, partners, and other Microsoft teams. As a customer-facing data scientist, you will be focused on solving customer-driven business problems with AI and Machine Learning (ML). Key responsibilities include:
- Understand and support customers’ overall AI strategy and success measures by designing and implementing AI-based solutions
- Apply deep data science knowledge and technical expertise in delivering demos, PoCs, and MVPs
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects (Infrastructure, data, and application development) in developing complex end-to-end solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Address technical blockers and accelerate deployment to production by leveraging other customer-facing teams at Microsoft or Microsoft partners
- Continuously maintain and update technical skills and knowledge and keep up to date with market trends
- Be an Azure AI evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities
The job assumes a foundation of core data science skills enriched with great customer and communication skills. More specifically:
- Experience: 3+ years of prior data science experience in solving complicated business problems with AI and ML based approaches is required. Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position is preferred.
- Education: Master’s degree or above in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or a related quantitative field.
- Technical Skills:
- Deep AI and ML knowledge and expertise
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R, Scala, or Java
- Understanding of cloud development platforms and their core concepts
- Familiarity with DevOps for AI and ML
- Experience with Spark and Databricks is preferred
- Customer and communication skills:
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions and projects.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (e.g., executives, data science teams, and IT managers)
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.