Sales Manager, Mid-Market
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you an accomplished Sales Manager with a passion for building, motivating, and guiding high performing teams? Are you well-spoken and energized by helping others succeed? Do you know when to be persistent and feel confident in your leadership and sales skills? If you're looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities, you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Thinkific Plus makes enterprise online learning simple—we are changing the way people learn and earn online. We believe all businesses should love their online learning platform, and we work hard to make that happen! At Thinkific, our Sales Team is team-focused, and customer-centric meaning our main objective is not revenue (yes, you read that right!). Instead, we prioritize building a happy, highly motivated, and a skilled team who are perfectly positioned to support Thinkific customers.
Reporting into the VP Sales, the Sales Manager, Mid-Market will help build a successful team of Mid-Market Account Executives focused on qualifying and managing sales opportunities, and working with their team to ensure we provide an incredible customer experience to support Thinkific’s growth and revenue generation. This person will predominantly focus on hiring, coaching and supporting the Mid-Market team as well as the department overall. Your team will help our customers zero in on the problems they are looking to solve and the impact they are looking to achieve, and if Thinkific is the right solution for their needs, to guide them through their decision-making process. The Thinkific Sales Team is a huge part of our exciting growth and as we expand globally, we're looking for an outstanding sales leader to grow with us.
In this role, you will:
- Hire, develop, coach and lead the Mid-Market Sales Team as Thinkific looks to expand globally
- Be a key part of the Sales Leadership team to collaborate on building processes, playbooks, career paths and appropriate measurements frameworks for Account Executives
- Shadow and coach team members during regular calls and demos
- Be responsible for team metrics and results to manage for performance
- Support Account Executives during deal negotiations, legal, and compliance issues
- Provide accurate forecasting to the VP of Sales on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all data is managed and updated appropriately by Account Executives in our CRM
- Liaise with Marketing and RevOps on funnel optimization
- Manage all key team functions and rituals including regular huddles, one-on-ones and sales meetings
- Help build a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Master the MEDDIC opportunity qualification process and coach the Mid-Market team
- Utilize quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be a high energy, high integrity leader who is able to motivate, inspire and drive results
- Have at least 3+ years of experience leading a team of 10 or more in a sales environment (preferably mid-market Account Executives)
- Inspire a team of A-Players who love working with you and are inspired to come to work every day
- Demonstrate a track record of excellence and achievement as both an Account Executive and Sales Manager
- Have a love for data and how it can help influence the sales process and lead generation
- Show an ability to listen, show empathy and a willingness to always show up for your team
- Be passionate about education, and making a positive impact on the world
- Desire to get your hands dirty and make a difference
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended a post-secondary institute, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have advanced Salesforce experience including dashboards and report creation
- Have experience with sales automation tools
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience building an outbound sales team
- Have inbound marketing experience
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs and businesses to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one platform to help you easily create, market & sell your own online courses