Talent Acquisition Specialist
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Do you feel extreme satisfaction when you finally find the perfect match for a hard-to-fill role and click that hired button? Are you passionate about building relationships, whether that’s with prospective candidates or internally with hiring leads? Can you navigate networking events with ease, always remembering a standout connection? Does the idea of directly contributing to the growth of an innovative, fast-growing startup excite you?
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist at Thinkific, you’ll quickly become an expert at finding creative ways to source exceptional talent for our team while selling them on an award-winning company that truly cares about its people. Working closely with our People and Culture team alongside other Talent Acquisition Specialists and partnering with our hiring leads, you’ll work cross-departmentally to ensure we’re seeking out the best matches for our roles based equally on skills and values fit.
In this role, you will:
- Build a pipeline of strong, diverse candidates (both active and passive) across various technical and non-technical roles in multiple departments (including product, engineering, design, marketing, support, operations, and more as we continue to grow) and develop scalable closing strategies
- Work collaboratively with our team leads and senior leaders at the strategic and tactical levels to fulfill current and upcoming recruitment needs
- Execute on the full-cycle recruitment process, including: writing job descriptions, screening resumes, coordinating assignment reviews, scheduling and conducting interviews, and delivering offers
- Attend recruiting events to represent Thinkific and help raise our profile as a top employer in tech. One of our strengths as a company is relationship building—you’ll be a big part of the face of Thinkific in our local community.
- Participate in a number of other recruitment-related projects and initiatives, including suggesting process improvements, fine-tuning interviewing techniques, giving feedback to hiring leads, and establishing how to develop internal sources of talent
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Possess a natural ability to communicate with others and be a people person! As an empath who cares about building genuine relationships, you find it easy to make a phone call or dive into a crowd and strike up a meaningful conversation with a potential team member—but can equally step up when you have to write a thoughtful rejection email.
- Have 2+ years of experience in a full-cycle recruitment role, hiring teams at scale with at least 1 year of in-house experience in tech
- Think on your feet and be adaptable—you don’t mind switching gears if plans suddenly change
- Demonstrate that you're hyper-organized and almost never let the little things slip by you. You can play calendar tetris in your sleep, live by checklists and never forget a stand-out candidate’s name!
- Perform best when you’re given some autonomy—you enjoy being given a challenge and finding your own ways to solve it
- Go to bat for your teammates and have never said, “that’s not my job” when asked for help by others
- Be driven to provide nothing less than an amazing candidate experience—you have proven this in past roles by going above and beyond to ensure they leave happy, regardless of the final outcome
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have a knack for framing your opinions diplomatically (but you’re not afraid to speak your mind on topics you care about)
- Exhibit an above-average technical aptitude and a strong understanding of relevant roles in the tech industry and the latest recruitment methods
- Can grasp new tools and systems quickly—we use Greenhouse as our ATS, BambooHR as our HRIS, Slack for communication and coordination, and track our tasks and projects in Asana
- Resonate strongly with all of our core values:
- Be fanatical about customer success
- Be helpful
- Passionately debate
- Choose ethics and integrity
- Strive for equality
- Give a shit
- Succeed together
- Find it easy to strike a balance between taking your work seriously and having a sense of humour—you feel that the traditional view people have of “HR” needs to change and think it’s important to have fun at work!
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Topgrading and have a proven record of hiring a high percentage of “A players” (check out Who: The A Player Method for Hiring if you want a good summary)
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our annual $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.