Senior Manager, Apps Marketplace
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you passionate about managing platforms that connect developers with customers? Do you believe there is value in opening technology to help build and develop exceptional solutions? Are you a collaborative leader that can work with many to drive and grow results that will improve the experiences and possibilities of customers? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities, you’ll find that at Thinkific!
A wide range of integrations and apps are available on the Thinkific platform. These integrations and app extend our core UX and functionality and contribute greatly to success for our customers. We are actively expanding our strategic investment in our API infrastructure to attract an even wider variety of app developers and entrepreneurs to build novel solutions that plug into and extend our online learning platform. Once built, these integrations and apps need to be easily findable by both existing and prospective customers. The Senior Manager, Apps Marketplace will be responsible for working with our Product, Engineering, Support and Finance teams to design, implement and manage a top notch Apps Marketplace that will delight app developers and customers alike. You will also have ongoing responsibility for the day-to-day operational management and monitoring of the success metrics for the Apps Marketplace.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Support, Finance and Marketing teams to ensure that the Apps Marketplace is designed, implemented, and launched appropriately to meet the commercial and operational requirements of the business
- Collaborate with Product and Platform team colleagues to ensure that the Apps Marketplace effectively balances the needs of app developers and partners with those of our customers, and the business as a whole
- Be the primary point of contact in the business responsible for implementing, maintaining, and improving all internal processes surrounding the Apps Marketplace, including app submission and review processes, payments processing, and customer support
- Establish and lead a team of developer support specialists, app reviewers, and related operational support staff to cover the day-to-day operations of the Apps Marketplace
- Monitor and analyze the usage and performance of the Apps Marketplace to inform our Platform and Product strategy decisions
- Research and understand the general SaaS and competitive online learning and LMS space in which Thinkific operates to propose and drive strategically and operationally relevant improvements to continue scaling the reach and success of the Apps Marketplace
- Represent Thinkific at industry networking events, conferences, and in online forums to market and support the Thinkific Apps Marketplace as appropriate
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience managing a high volume digital ecosystem within a B2C/B2B2C SaaS environment
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of the commercial, technical, and functional considerations and best practices for building and operating tool marketplaces for B2C customers
- Be a compelling advocate for user-friendly customer solutions within business constraints
- Have previous experience leading large cross-team software projects
- Showcase your skills leading semi-technical and technical team members
- Demonstrate an ability to create engaging proposals using Google Slides or similar tools
- Exhibit excellent market research and strategic data analysis skills
- Be a positive collaborator with the ability to build relationships with internal teams
- Network and build relationships with ease and confidently represent Thinkific at industry events
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Show proven commercial success with leveraging 3rd party integrations and apps to grow revenue and support customer success
- Have (successful!) experience and measurable results with using data analysis and interpretation for decision-making purposes
- Previously have worked in a product management and/or technical project management role
- Have startup experience or general entrepreneurial flair and interests in this area
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience doing all the above in the online learning or LMS space
- Previously launched an Apps Marketplace for an established SaaS brand
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one platform to help you easily create, market & sell your own online courses