Senior Conversion Copywriter
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you passionate about elevating copy and brand messaging everywhere you look? Do you love translating product features into impactful copy that builds clarity and drives action? Are researching and split-testing copy regular parts of your process? Have you led the voice and tone for an organization? That’s exactly what you’ll have the chance to do at Thinkific!
As the Senior Conversion Copywriter at Thinkific, you’ll transform marketing and product messaging into compelling copy that inspires. This is more than a content creation role—we’re looking for a persuasion powerhouse who thrives on blending a scientific approach with artistic flair and laser-focused messaging. You’ll own our customers’ voice and build engaging copy for all our marketing collateral. This includes our website, landing pages, ad campaigns, videos, and at times our product. You’ll focus on improving engagement and conversion rates through our marketing funnel, and you’ll wield your pen (or keyboard!) to write inspiring brand messaging for conversion-focused campaigns.
In this role, you will:
- Craft short-form content designed to capture the hearts and minds of our customers while improving the clarity of our programs and inspiring action
- Edit and write copy that increases conversion metrics for email, our website and sales pages, paid ads, webinars, and top line brand messaging
- Conduct ongoing customer and industry research to develop a rich understanding of the motivations and fears of our customers to craft compelling copy that converts
- Refine and tighten the brand voice and copy guidelines used across the organization
- Work with our Marketing and Creative teams to optimize conversion at every step of the funnel
- Make recommendations for optimizing existing content for quality and effectiveness
- Champion a data-first approach to crafting copy using ‘voice of the customer’ insights
- Identify and launch copy experiments to improve our customer experience and conversion metrics
- Improve marketing copy across the customer journey by shaping messaging for different audiences
- Lead the core messaging development for new product launches and marketing campaigns by transforming project briefs into clear, persuasive, and customer-focused copy
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have at least 4+ years of agency or in-house copywriting experience
- Have ample experience crafting and communicating compelling value propositions
- Possess a copywriting portfolio that demonstrates the skills required to capture the hearts and minds of an audience and motivate action (brand awareness campaigns, events, websites, email funnels, and other non-PPC digital campaigns)
- Be skilled in understanding and crafting tailored messaging to varied audience segments
- Demonstrate experience impacting qualitative and quantitative outcomes, adjusting copy to improve funnel conversion
- Bring an expert ability to write for readability, clarity, voice, tone, and branding
- Be detail-oriented, well-organized, and hyper-efficient with time management
- Exhibit excellent editing skills and the ability to provide and accept feedback without ego
- Have collaborated with marketing and creative teams to drive a campaign or product launch, playing a pivotal role in executing copy for the campaign
- Enjoy conducting and compiling customer interviews and industry research to develop a consistent brand voice that compels action
- Have experience setting up systems to help a team achieve consistency in messaging development
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have professional experience in a similar role
- Have mentored teammates and are eager to take on leadership responsibilities in a marketing role
- Can show a strong proven ability to interpret data from marketing campaigns to create compelling messaging
- Previously worked at a SaaS company, ideally during a high growth stage
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked on rebranding an organization and have built core messaging and brand guidelines from scratch
- Previously managed other marketing team members
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one platform to help you easily create, market & sell your own online courses