Email and Marketing Automation Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you love working on impactful strategy and the opportunity to get hands on to execute these ideas? Can you put yourselves in the shoes of your audience and think about their journey? Are you excited to grow as a marketer while passing on your experience to mentor your team members? For you, metrics and data don’t just help measure success, they help you build bigger and better campaigns — and that’s exactly what you’ll have the chance to do at Thinkific!
As the Email and Marketing Automation Manager, you will build and oversee how we communicate, what we communicate, and when we communicate our marketing and sales messages to our customers. This will be done through various marketing channels, such as paid ads, social media, webinars, in-product, but predominantly through email. You know how to create unique and conversion-driven marketing content and run experiments to identify what works (and what doesn't). You’ve likely dabbled in a bit of everything in past roles, but you’re passionate about conversion optimization, lifecycle marketing, CRM segmentation, and ultimately, helping potential customers solve a problem.
In this role, you will:
- Strategize, plan, and implement email and marketing automation programs to convert leads to Thinkific users, increase product engagement among existing users, and drive free users to become paid customers
- Diligently analyze and optimize marketing performance to drive conversions. You love data at your core!
- Work with various marketing stakeholders to create and optimize the ideal customer journeys and segments in order to build customer lifecycle marketing programs and relevant nurture flows
- Create and support the execution of ad-hoc and recurring marketing campaigns
- Support the execution of customer marketing and customer support related communication from various departments
- Manage the growth and performance of our marketing database, overseeing metrics like email conversion performance, email deliverability, and database growth
- Ensure our marketing initiatives meet and maintain regulatory and compliance standards
- Build, write, and publish email campaigns as required
- Manage and mentor a growing team of marketers focused on demand generation and email
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of marketing experience, with at least 4 years in email and marketing automation
- Be a strategic thinker and hands-on executor, including solid writing skills and experience creating marketing content
- Demonstrate experience managing CRMs, segmenting customer personas, and mapping customer journeys to successfully nurture customers to conversion
- Possess ample experience collaborating with multiple business lines and marketing stakeholders in order to design, execute, and optimize successful email campaigns, product launches, events, and nurture flows
- Have a proven and successful track record of implementing complex digital marketing and nurture flows for a large scale SaaS audience
- Take a strong data-driven approach to marketing campaigns and marketing automation. You’ve previously queried data, derived actionable insights, and built strategic email plans that impacted overall conversion metrics and sales
- Show advanced experience creating and optimizing marketing programs across various customer personas and their respective customer journeys
- Possess strong technical prowess and working knowledge of how various marketing automation systems both operate and integrate together — for example, how email systems integrate with chatbots and CRM systems
- Have experience managing strong email deliverability and managing email compliance regulations (such as CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR)
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have actively mentored your teammates and are eager to take on leadership responsibilities in a senior marketing role
- Can demonstrate past wins and nurturing a large number of consistent, relevant customers
- Are passionate about digital marketing and business growth. We're building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs — it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- Can plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, open rate, analytics, A/B testing and acquisition funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!)
- Have direct experience with marketing automation tools such as ActiveCampaign, Hubspot, or Marketo, as well as CRMs such as Salesforce or Hubspot
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked at a SaaS company (ideally during a high growth stage)
- Have experience managing other marketing team members
- Already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them)
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one platform to help you easily create, market & sell your own online courses