Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
**This role is for someone living in Canada who wants to join our fast-growing engineering team but does not wish to relocate. We are looking to expand the Thinkific team beyond Vancouver to reach awesome candidates across Canada. Please only apply if you are legally able to work in Canada and are comfortable working remotely.**
Do you have a passion for test-driven development (TDD) and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the features you help create? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you’ll work closely with the latest technologies in the market today and support the development team in maintaining the highest quality code while releasing new features. You’ll be an advocate for automation and quality as an embedded member of the development team. Working alongside fellow SDETs and our Engineering team, you will play a key role in ensuring Thinkific continues to deliver valuable features to our users.
In this role, you will:
- Advocate for quality code at all times and keep the development team accountable
- Implement automation scripts to test front-end applications as well as back-end services and integrations
- Take part in all aspects of the development cycle (daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and guilds)
- Assist the development team with building and maintaining the frameworks needed to expand test automation scope and improve our CI delivery pipeline
- Coach team members on testing tools and test techniques
- Assist in creating and implementing a QA automation roadmap
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have at least 5 years of experience in end-to-end testing and 3 years of experience in automating end-to-end test cases using tools like Selenium, Protractor, Cypress, etc.
- Have a good understanding of Ruby on Rails and React applications and their test automation needs
- Be able to understand software development, write automation scripts, and modify code for test automation
- Have good hands on experience with manual testing & defect management
- Be knowledgeable in testing methodologies and concepts
- Think outside of the box and be an excellent problem solver
- Be comfortable with Git, Github, Gitlab or similar source control solutions
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are familiar with HTML, and CSS
- Have a good understanding of Agile & Scrum methodologies to deliver automated tests
- Are comfortable with JIRA and Agile tools and processes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Cypress front-end automation testing tool
- Have the ability to use Cypress Test Runner to write automated web browser tests
- Have worked in a startup environment and are excited about coaching others on best practices
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
Bonus points if you:
- Have a good understanding of CI/CD Tools
- Previously set up test automation of existing production tools from scratch
- Can maintain component test plans for a multi-component application
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- We are lucky to have team members working remotely with us for over a year, so you’ll walk into an established system where you’re supported to be productive and successful
- We make sure you always feel included and have opportunities to build meaningful relationships with your team, whether that’s trips to Vancouver to solidify those connections, meet and greet with new team members by video, taking a remote-first approach to meetings or ensuring you have lunch provided for our team-wide events!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Help you get the equipment you need to set-up a home office where you can do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one platform to help you easily create, market & sell your own online courses