Director of Customer Success Management
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Are you a leader who’s looking for your next opportunity to grow and develop an amazing team? Do you get motivated by helping others succeed, whether that’s customers or your own team? Are you excited at the prospect of building out new and innovative strategies, grounded in performance data and metrics? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities, you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Director of Customer Success Management, you’ll be responsible for leading the Customer Success Management Team supporting customers in Thinkific’s top price tier, Plus. You’ll develop and implement initiatives to drive the success of our Plus customers—increasing retention, improving customer satisfaction, and identifying cross-selling and upselling opportunities. You’ll also coach and develop a talented, high performing team of Customer Success Managers by providing 1-on-1 support that is both reactive and proactive. Our Plus offering has only been around for a year, which means you’ll be working collaboratively with our Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to adapt and grow our Plus offering as it develops!
The Customer Success department at Thinkific is made up of three teams: Customer Support, Customer Success Management and Customer Education. In this role you’ll be responsible for the Customer Success Management team within the department and you’ll report directly to our Director of Customer Success.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement our Plus Success strategy to drive the success of our customers by looking at how to increase retention and improve satisfaction
- Lead our growing Plus Customer Success Team of seven Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and one Team Lead
- Hire, coach, and develop a high performing, motivated, and happy team that loves going above and beyond to help our Plus customers reach their goals
- Drive the success and satisfaction of our customers by developing proactive CSM touchpoints and value adds
- Collaborate with the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams on an aligned strategy for Plus, including optimizing for retention and revenue and creating more opportunities for CSMs to increase MRR
- Build metrics, KPIs, and dashboards to report on objective results to the CSM Team and the Director of Customer Success
- Pair with our DevOps team to ensure we are meeting our Plus Uptime SLAs and have emergency protocols in place
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience managing customer accounts in a B2B or B2C environment
- Have at least 3+ years of experience managing and leading customer-facing teams (ideally in SaaS)
- Demonstrate experience growing and scaling a customer success team of 10+ CSMs
- Demonstrate a consistent track record of managing high performing teams responsible for customer retention, satisfaction, and upsells
- Be a stand out coach and mentor; You’ve helped develop your team members by building upon their strengths and identifying areas of growth, and you’ve seen the impact of this work in your team’s career progression
- Thrive when given autonomy; you’re self-motivated to deliver results and you’re always looking for what you can make an impact on next
- Be adept at cross-departmental communication and stakeholder management - you can effectively communicate your ideas, balance competing priorities, and ensure decisions are made based on business goals
- Perform well under pressure and be able to handle emergency situations on the fly
- Be empathic to your core and able to step into a customer’s shoes regardless of how angry, frustrated, or disgruntled they may be
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Be highly analytical—you’re familiar with tracking customer NPS, churn, and activation
- Be organized and have strong attention to detail, rarely missing a task or follow-up
- Have experience supporting customers both reactively and proactively through the entire customer journey
- Are a problem solver at heart and have no trouble figuring out how to solve a complex platform problem (even if you don’t know the answer initially)
- Have a strong work ethic and do what it takes to get the job done
- Show adaptability in the face of change and ambiguity
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Salesforce, Slack, Asana, Google Drive, Zendesk, and/or TextExpander
- Have used a Learning Management System (LMS) before
- Have experience teaching in a classroom or online setting
- Possess previous experience in sales
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.