Customer Community Strategist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’d love to put your mind at ease while looking for a new opportunity during a pandemic.
Read about how we’re supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we’ve transitioned to working remotely.
Are you excited by the power behind community? Do you love how communities can create brand evangelists and ambassadors? Are you excited by the prospect of starting an online community for a fast growing SaaS company? For you, it’s not just about growing a community of people, but building a community that has a life-changing impact and creates raving fans as a result. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
We know the word ‘community’ can mean a lot of things. In this case, we’re not talking about social media marketing or live, in-person events. As the Customer Community Strategist, you will be responsible for creating and executing on a strategy for building a new world class community aimed at helping course creators succeed in building their online education businesses. This community will be a space where course creators share successes, collaborate on challenges, connect, and motivate each other. Entrepreneurs, small businesses, and organizations will flock to this forum to get advice throughout their journey.
Our partners are key to our community strategy as well. They will be active in providing advice and moderating while also demonstrating and growing their Thinkific expertise. You’ll work closely with our Platform Partner team to empower and track partner participation. You’ll be a key part of our Customer Education & Community Team within the Customer Success organization at Thinkific. You’ll work cross-collaboratively with community stakeholders in the Product, Partnerships, Marketing, and Support teams to create a best-in-class community.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a strategy for the launch and growth of a new Thinkific community aimed at increasing customer activation and retention
- Assess how we should segment the community so that the right personas have a space they benefit from and love to contribute to
- Experiment with different strategies and analyze data as you go to maximize the impact of the community on course creators
- Assess and select a community tool and project manage the implementation of it
- Determine how our current customer community (hosted in a Facebook Group) will factor into a broader customer community strategy
- Moderate the customer community once it is launched and scale moderation efforts as necessary through hiring, outsourcing, and working with the support team
- Collaborate with our Partner Community Manager to factor in how partners can contribute to and grow our customer community in a healthy way
- Communicate with our Product Management team to funnel feedback from our community to our product planning and development workflows
- Work with our Customer Success and Marketing teams to support initiatives like campaigns, promotions, and product releases in our customer community
- Align and strategize with our Customer Support team to develop the community as a resource that helps scale our support efforts by reducing support ticket volumes and handling FAQs
- Report on the customer community to the rest of the business in a way that clearly links community with business value and growth
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 1+ years of experience owning a customer-facing online community
- Have 3+ years of experience in customer community management in a SaaS environment
- Be a community builder and demonstrate a track record of growing and developing a customer community
- Possess experience working with and managing forums and community tools
- Demonstrate how you've previously driven impact on business value metrics like customer activation, retention, engagement and satisfaction through a customer community
- Take an experimental approach and are driven to test and iterate to maximize impact and results
- Enjoy translating impact into metric based goals
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have built and launched a customer community from scratch
- Have experience moderating and growing customer and partner communities for a SaaS company
- Know how to moderate, engage, and grow a Facebook Group community
- Can analyze customer community data and activity to supply valuable business and product development insights
- Are able to carefully craft inspiring and on-brand messaging for communities, including through text, images, and video content
- Previously hired and led a team of community moderators
Bonus points if you:
- Are comfortable on camera and with public speaking—a webinar or livestream is second nature to you!
- Previously worked on email marketing or social media marketing
- Have experience engaging and growing a community of students taking an online course
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one platform to help you easily create, market & sell your own online courses