SAP iXp Intern - Product Support Job
Vancouver, BC, Canada
SAP iXp Intern - Product Support Job
Date: Sep 26, 2020
City: Vancouver, BC, CA, V6B 1A9
Requisition ID: 254810
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
• No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
• Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
Be part of a small, tight-knit team of professionals:
• Working collaboratively to provide solutions to customers.
• Learn new skills and technologies that will open paths to many new possible careers. The learning never ends – you are expected to continuously learn and up-skill during your time here.
• Be a social media influencer and create Knowledge Bases, blogs, wikis, and videos, for colleagues and customers.
• Get involved with SAP’s active Intern Community and experience what it is like to be early talent at one of the biggest software companies in the World.
• Get the small startup feel with big enterprise backing.
• Innovate and create new tools that will help SAP run simple. Anything you can think of to make the business run better will get SAP support.
• Join the global SAP family
What you’ll do:
• Title: SAP iXp Intern - Product Support
• Location: Vancouver, Canada
• Internship Duration: January 4, 2021 - September 3, 2021
In this role, you’ll:
• Investigate and resolve critical system issues for Enterprise level Fortune 500 companies.
• Analyze complex, real world, unique problems; often working in production environments.
• Feel the satisfaction of delivering a solution to customers that makes their businesses run simpler and better.
• Meet, work and talk with colleagues and customers from all around the world!
• Master SAP software that is being used by industries, governments, and multinational companies around the globe.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Currently enrolled in a University degree in Computer Science, Business and Technology, or related areas
• Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent diagnostic and technical analysis skills
• Ability to assess, plan and troubleshoot while collecting information about the customer issue
At least some of the following subject matter:
• Databases (SAP HANA, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
• Operating systems (Windows Server, Linux, command line interface)
• Data communications and networking (HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS)
• Security and Authentication technologies such as SAML, Kerberos, SSL, and SSO.
• Object-oriented programming (Java, C++, ABAP, etc.) and programming logic, debugging
• SAP Products & Solutions (SAP NetWeaver, SAP Business Suite, SAP BusinessObjects, etc.)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Intern, SAP, ERP, Oracle, Database, Entry Level, Technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.