Software Development Engineer I - Ad Product (Bounty Board)
Seattle, WA, USA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Bounty Board is the world’s first two-sided, scalable marketplace, and is changing the way that brands connect with broadcasters and their communities.
Twitch is looking for engineers with the curiosity to develop features and APIs that guide the Bounty Board and new Ad engagement programs. Through these systems, we give creators the control and data they need to get promoted and help Twitch distribute advertising. The ideal contributor has experience building and delivering high-quality production web services in an SOA environment. You’ll work with product managers, UX designers, data scientists and engineers of all disciplines to create a beautiful and engaging product, iterate based on customer feedback, and ship early and often, using some of the latest tech across the stack.
This is a great opportunity to have an impact on your favorite creators at one of the fastest growing tech and entertainment products in the world. You’ll grow by taking on engineering challenges involving massive scale, high availability, cross-platform implementation, and new-to-the-world solutions. Your work will be seen by thousands of content creators and millions of viewers, and underpins Twitch’s most critical new 2020 programs. Come help us build the future of Multiplayer Entertainment.
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams to provide value to our creators
- Design and ship software
- Brainstorm with designers, product managers, and engineers to develop new features
- Obsessively care about the customer’s experience
- Work across the stack to ship features that enhance broadcaster and brand experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
- Proficient coder in one the following: Go, Elixir, Python or similar languages
- Experience developing web applications and their backend APIs
- 1+ years of experience with React or Redux, or other modern web frameworks
- Experience building systems using Amazon Web Services (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, CloudWatch, and Kinesis)
- 1+ years of experience building or consuming GraphQL APIs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.