San Francisco, CA, USA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon IVS delivers over 6 billion hours of video per year today for Twitch. We have one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world and a VOD delivery platform. At Amazon IVS we are building a service to usher in the next few billions of hours of video to be delivered. We believe video delivery is in its infancy and as we look at expanding our video service to customers and partners beyond Twitch, we need someone to help reach the customers to build the next generation of live video.
As the Developer Advocate, you will promote awareness of Amazon IVS among startup developers. You will develop a marketing strategy to reach early stage developers, building relationships with startup communities including VCs, incubators, and accelerators, and giving a voice and platform to promote the use cases for interactive live video (e.g. podcast, landing page). You will help author blog posts, build demos, and create / lead events (e.g. hackathons) to promote the use of interactive live video. You will need to work with Amazon IVS’s Product team, Business Development, and Business Strategy on product positioning. You will also work with AWS Product Marketing and Solutions Architects on events / conferences.
You will be given a rare opportunity within AWS on a brand new service, and establish the first customer interactions to bring them onto a video platform. You will bring deep technical knowledge, developer empathy, evangelism expertise, an understanding of our customer markets, desire to help customers, and business development experience.
- Build the relationship with startup developer communities including VCs, incubators, and accelerators
- Create awareness and broad adoption of IVS among target of startups, both pre and post-seed investment from VCs
- Present IVS at conferences, meet-ups, incubators, and to broaden customer funnel
- Develop marketing materials, write blog posts, create demos and events events (e.g. hackathons) to promote use of interactive live video
- Create a platform to promote uses of interactive live video (e.g. podcast)
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, 3+ years of which must be in technical position
- Experience working with developers and building community following on social media
- Experience presenting to large audiences (e.g. stage speaking)
- Experience working in B2B
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.