Director of Sales, Twitch Canada
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading Twitch Advertising in Canada and growing Twitch’s advertising revenue for the region. The primary responsibilities are driving advertising revenue, designing and implementing the go to market strategy and managing the Twitch Advertising team in Canada. This role will report into the Head of Sales, Americas for Twitch and will work in close partnership with Amazon Advertising leadership in Canada. The Director of Sales will be responsible for representing Twitch Advertising's objectives as priority in all endeavors and collaborate deeply with the Global Twitch Ad Sales team to ensure coverage, coordination and an excellent client experience for our partners.
- DAY TO DAY (EXTERNAL): The Director of Sales will work with our advertising partners at both clients and agencies to build relationships that grow Twitch’s presence in the market and grows our revenue. Twitch is a high growth business and the Director of Sales must be visible in market to help build momentum for the Twitch brand. This role will act as a Twitch subject matter expert and partner with the Amazon Advertising team to represent Twitch in the marketplace. They will be a go to representative for Twitch in PR and Sales Marketing efforts in Canada.
- DAY TO DAY (INTERNAL): The Director of Sales will sit on the Twitch Advertising leadership team for the Americas and work closely with team members in the US, LATAM and ROW to guide global partnerships in order to optimize the revenue opportunities for Twitch Advertising in Canada. It is critical that they are knowledgeable about various existing and burgeoning opportunities across the company and represent their region appropriately. This includes but is not limited to the efforts regarding pricing, custom content, ad products and partnerships. This person will represent Twitch Advertising in regular team meetings to learn about and influence their roadmap and priorities. In addition, the Director of Sales will manage a small team of Twitch sellers and help them achieve their revenue goals in partnership with the Amazon Advertising local team. The expectation is they will operate as a strategic leader and split partner to the Amazon Advertising organization.
- 10+ years experience in digital media sales, especially direct businesses with a focus on video sales and upper funnel and branding efforts
- Knowledge of video, gaming and esports industry
- Passion for leadership and cross functional work
- Strong negotiation and deal making skills
- Highly entrepreneurial spirit, organized and able to function independently as well as in tandem with internal partners.
- Able to deal with rapidly changing priorities and business circumstances
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter commitment to excellence
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are Twitch: a global community of millions who come together each day to create their own entertainment.