Jane Software Inc
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Have a passion for people and building high-functioning teams? Does the idea of finding a diamond in the rough excite you? Or maybe you’re an experienced technical recruiter looking for a new home at a fast growing start-up? We want to meet you!
All job postings for tech start-ups end up sounding the same, so we’ll try to communicate some specifics about what Jane is all about and if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Jane is a home-grown, bootstrapped startup. This means we’ve been growing a real business out of our own revenue for over 7 years now. We have the luxury and security of not having a zero-cash date like some ventured-backed companies.
Jane was founded by a product-person and a customer-person, who are now the Co-CEO’s. This means the two main teams at Jane (the product and the customer support team) are both led by doers who understand the job. We don’t have any suits here. We don’t even have a sales team. We’re building a really good product that is selling fast because people love it.
Jane is headquartered in North Vancouver but is a remote-first employer, welcoming candidates from anywhere in Canada. In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
When we do make it back in, Jane has a pretty great office in North Vancouver overlooking both the mountains and the ocean. Being located at the base of the North Shore mountains has meant that after-work mountain biking and snowboarding is super easy. Some of us have even managed an early morning trail run before starting the day — in small, socially-responsible sized groups, of course.
Jane’s road map is exciting. Well, we think so. From integrating Jane with various insurance companies all over the world to introducing new features like secure HIPAA-compliant chat, to data-sciencing the massive amounts of data we’re accumulating and providing cool insights to our users, we’ve got a lot of great projects on the go.
Our current dev team loves Jane. Our only problem is that there aren’t enough of them! We need to get the word out that Jane is a great place to work. This is where you come in.
Things we’d be looking for you to do:
- Work with teams to conducts recruitment planning and research.
- Update and maintain candidate records and job postings in recruiting systems and confirm new hires.
- Prepare and post job vacancies; sources candidates, both directly and indirectly, utilizing various recruitment sources including employment agencies, career fairs and the internet.
- Proactively search out great Jane-fit talent, maintaining a healthy talent pipeline.
- Source candidates via web scrapes, recruiting websites, employee referrals, on-site recruiting, recruiting partners, and other sources.
- Screen and interview candidates.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Prepare offer letters.
- Present offer and negotiate salary or other employment arrangements, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Prepare employee file at point-of-hire with all required documentation.
- Provide follow-up correspondence to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email.
- Coordinate post-interview debrief meetings and provide debrief materials.
- Identify opportunities to improve candidate experience and scheduling efficiency.
- Assist in the coordination of other recruiting activities as needed.
- Assist in searches for Marketing and Finance, as needed.
The right candidate may also be invited to take on additional responsibilities:
- May oversee the work of more junior recruiters.
- Monitoring market conditions to ensure that Jane remains a competitive destination for top-tier developers.
- Iterating on our hiring process to optimize for quality.
- Work with other parts of Jane to define a cohesive employer brand.
So what are we specifically looking for?
- 3+ years of experience sourcing talent in a competitive technology market
- Enough familiarity with the JS (React) and Ruby on Rails skillsets to be able to spot the gems
- Great written and spoken communication.
- Great people skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Familiarity with relevant BC and Canadian Labour laws.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with the Government of Canada’s Global Talent Stream program
This is a full time, 40-hour per week position. We offer a competitive salary, extended benefits, and a chance to be an owner of Jane with our ESOP.
If you’re interested in knowing more about Jane and the opportunity to work here, let’s talk! Send over your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com telling us why we would be making a mistake not to hire you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.