Full Stack Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
All job postings for tech start ups end up sounding the same, so we’ll try to communicate some specifics about what Jane is all about and see if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Jane’s a North Vancouver company that has been growing out of our own revenue for over 4 years — we’re profitable and not dependent on fundraising.
Because we are not in the VC world, Jane isn’t always flashy in the tech news, but because we want people like you to be excited to apply, we’ll tell you about some recent wins.
The Globe and Mail ranked us 46th out of 400 in their list of Canada’s Top Growing Companies and we’re currently second on Business In Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies in BC rankings. That’s fun, but fast growth needs to be balanced with scaling a healthy company and team. And that’s where we get really excited.
Jane values flexibility, autonomy, and mastery in a relaxed North Vancouver setting where you get to work with great people — and because Jane is lead by co-founders who did all the original development and customer support of Jane, we know what makes a great work environment for coders and for the team supporting our customers.
We are hyper focused on happy staff and happy customers as a means to a thriving and growing business.
Jane offers sane hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
Our devs get to really own the projects they’re working on from beginning to end. We’re focusing a lot on code quality and getting to nerd out on exploring the best possible ways to build things. At the same time, we’re moving fast: releasing updates daily and being really responsive to what we’re hearing from our users.
Jane’s road map is exciting. Well, we think so. From integrating Jane with various insurance companies all over the world, to introducing new features like secure HIPAA-compliant chat, to data-sciencing the massive amounts of data we’re accumulating and providing cool insights to our users, we’ve got a lot of great projects on the go.
Jane has a pretty great office in North Vancouver. Being located at the base of the North Shore mountains means that after-work mountain biking and snowboarding is super easy. Some of us even manage an early morning trail run before starting the day.
We’ve got a ridiculously good coffee program and we tend to celebrate frequently with good food and drinks (the brewery across the street is helpful for that).
Our product team also has flexibility around their hours. Traffic sucks, so we don’t want people sitting in it. Some choose to start early, some start late and work late. Some do a split shift for a mid-day brain break. We’re open to figuring out a schedule that works.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of professional Ruby and Rails experience
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs
- React experience and knowledge of state management (without Redux)
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest, Mocha or Rspec
- Experience with tools like Bugsnag or Honeybadger to monitor application stability and chase down bugs
- Passion for making things better
- Comfortable navigating *nix environments
- Excited by technical design discussion and have a passion for making things better
- Interested in building integrations, api’s, and transforming data into a variety of obscure legacy formats (thanks health insurance industry!)
- Strong command of git: comfortable with interactive rebases and dealing with tricky conflicts
- Familiarity with project management tools such as GitHub issues and/or Jira
Bonus points for:
- Experience with writing SQL
- Familiarity with cloud architecture generally and AWS specifically If you’re interested in knowing more about Jane and the opportunity to work here, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Online platform for health + wellness practitioners that makes it simple to book, chart, schedule, bill and get paid #janeapp