Data Scientist, Mobile Analytics
Novato, CA, USA
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including mobile devices. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
2K has been a major console and PC game publisher for several console generations and is known for bringing amazing IP to the market. As our games get bigger and more complex, we are growing our analytics group. We’re looking for a skilled and passionate Sr. Analyst to work in the Analytics team, who will be primarily focusing on 2K’s mobile games and be responsible with crunching data, translating that information into digestible reports, setting up dashboards, building predictive models, and giving actionable data and insights to our development team.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Working closely with development teams to provide insights to understand the impact of product decisions on game quality.
- Working with the development teams to help determine what data needs to be captured to serve their needs and how to summarize the data in the most useful format.
- Analyzing gameplay and economy telemetry data to understand how feature, content, and balance adjustments are impacting overall player experience, before and after the product launches.
- Analyzing game and player data to understand the player behavior and enhance the quality of the player experience.
- Regularly performing ad hoc analyses for development, live ops, and performance marketing teams.
- Presenting findings taken from data analysis both in person and in presentation form for remote groups.
- Designing, testing and implementing scalable and repeatable model framework for user acquisition, engagement and monetization strategies around liveops.
- Designing, testing, and implementing machine learning models to drive business growth. This includes but not limited to LTV, churn, fraud detection, forecasting, and segmentations.
- Defining and establishing business KPIs as well as creating and distributing regular performance reports and dashboards.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
We’re looking for a senior analyst who is eager to mine data for insights, hypothesis driven and experienced with using data-driven techniques to test the hypotheses rigorously. The ideal candidate must be able to see the underlying story in the data and develop a compelling communication to executives. Being a solution oriented, creative problem solver and self-starter with passion and enthusiasm to drive the results for meaningful changes are also going to be very critical for this role.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering Sciences (or in another quantitative discipline).
- 4+ years of experience in data mining & analytics with very large, complex and multi-dimensional data sets.
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in use of one of the statistical software packages like R, or Python.
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following: time series, experimental design, classification, clustering, and regression analysis.
- Expert in relational databases, and proficient with SQL.
- Advanced experience with Tableau or other similar visualization tools.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization.
- Master’s or PhD Degree in quantitative field
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, or Hive
- Knowledge of free-to-play mobile game economics and/or performance marketing
- Experience of initiating and leading interdisciplinary science and engineering research and projects
- Passionate for mobile gaming and user growth
Your application has been successfully submitted.